Viam is a robotics platform that makes it easy to turn great ideas into production-ready robots. Viam works with any hardware and has a modern architecture, easy developer APIs, cloud connectivity and tools, and enterprise-grade security to give even the leanest teams the power to launch and scale their robotics business.
Viam makes building, deploying and managing robots more flexible, affordable and easy to use so that builders can do more with robots while getting them to market faster. By making robotics more accessible, Viam is attracting talent and investment to the industry so that more people start working with robots to build products and services that improve our world.
Viam's products are built by engineers, for engineers. We are building a platform we would want to use ourselves. Creating technical documentation of our products is essential for the success of our users. As a Developer Advocate, you will join a team focused on enabling software engineers to build and program robots.
- Mentoring other developer advocates
- Building and documenting sample projects that highlight Viam product capabilities
- Creating content and hands-on activities for workshops and conferences/events
- Developing technical talks
- Working with the community to support them and raise awareness of how the Viam platform can support them in their robotics projects
We're looking for someone with:
- Experience mentoring developer advocates and/or other technical mentorship
- Experience in a developer advocacy role, or hands-on work with end users of technical products
- Comfort speaking about technical topics in front of an audience
- Experience or a wish to work with physical hardware
- An interest in solving challenging problems with practical solutions
- Bonus: video editing experience
In 3 Months:
- You are working with other developer advocates to improve their skills
- You understand the Viam platform and feel comfortable assembling robots, creating tutorials and writing small programs for robots with our SDKs
- You are comfortable speaking with the community about our platform with some level of detail
- You are comfortable discussing the product with our engineers and providing feedback
In 6 - 12 Months (subject to change and based on interest - use as indication only):
- You are confident working with the community and providing guidance as a Viam subject matter expert
- You are building out and helping to guide our strategy to enable developers with and without hardware experience to use Viam
- You are providing valuable feedback to our product and engineering teams based on community interaction
- 100% covered medical/dental/vision insurance plans, commuter benefits
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Reproductive Health Benefits including Fertility Benefits and Abortion Access Travel Benefits
- 25 days paid vacation and generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Class Pass & Citi Bike memberships
- Free lunch everyday that you’re in the office
- Paid parental leave
Your exact offer will vary based on a number of factors including experience level, skillset, market location, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced, or more senior, than this job description as posted. In these situations, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate. In addition to cash compensation, Viam offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants, health benefits, and more.