Viam is a robotics platform that makes it easy to turn great ideas into production-ready robots. Viam works with any hardware and has a modern architecture, easy developer APIs, cloud connectivity and tools, and enterprise-grade security to give even the leanest teams the power to launch and scale their robotics business.
Viam makes building, deploying and managing robots more flexible, affordable and easy to use so that builders can do more with robots while getting them to market faster. By making robotics more accessible, Viam is attracting talent and investment to the industry so that more people start working with robots to build products and services that improve our world.
The Developer Advocacy team plays an integral role in engaging the developer community and inspiring developers to use the Viam platform to build their robotics ideas. As the Developer Advocate Manager, you will lead both the Developer Advocate strategy and team as it grows.
What you’ll do:
- Support and lead the growing team of Developer Advocates.
- Establish a cadence of developer advocacy activities such as content and event participation.
- Drive the strategy and execution of all developer-facing content to ensure we are regularly engaging the developer community both virtually and in person.
- Partner with Marketing to align efforts and boost visibility of initiatives.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product teams to create impactful content in the form of demos, blog posts, tutorials, videos, and more
- Establish a team calendar of attendance and travel for things such as trade shows, robotics meetups, conferences, hackathons, and more.
- Provide guidance around public speaking and delivery.
Who you are:
- Experience as a Developer Advocate leader, including scaling teams and managing people.
- Proven track record of creating and producing engaging, informative and interesting technical content that resonates with developers.
- Passionate about community engagement and building strong relationships with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent written and oral communications with demonstrated ability in teaching others through multiple types of content (presentations, reference materials, sample code, blogs etc).
- You care deeply about developers and understand their process and frustrations, primarily because you have past technical experience working as a software developer or in a related field.
The starting salary for this role is between $175,000 - 225,000. Your exact offer will vary based on a number of factors including experience level, skillset, market location, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced, or more senior, than this job description as posted. In these situations, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate. In addition to cash compensation, Viam offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants, health benefits, and more.
- 100% covered medical/dental/vision insurance plans
- Commuter benefits
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Paid Parental leave
- Reproductive Health Benefits including Fertility Benefits and Abortion Access Travel Benefits
- 25 days paid vacation and generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Class Pass & Citi Bike memberships
- Free lunch everyday that you’re in the office