Viam is a robotics platform that makes it easy to turn great ideas into production-ready robots. Viam works with any hardware and has a modern architecture, easy developer APIs, cloud connectivity and tools, and enterprise-grade security to give even the leanest teams the power to launch and scale their robotics business.
Viam makes building, deploying and managing robots more flexible, affordable and easy to use so that builders can do more with robots while getting them to market faster. By making robotics more accessible, Viam is attracting talent and investment to the industry so that more people start working with robots to build products and services that improve our world.
As a UI/UX Designer, you will be responsible for delivering a world-class user experience for the Viam platform. You will be integral not just in building out high-quality, accessible User Interfaces but in creating the future of robots.
- Creating user flows, and wireframes and building user interface mockups and prototypes
- Collaborating with product managers, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to deeply understand the needs of our users and provide creative, thoughtful solutions that serve those needs
- Supporting your fellow designers through feedback, design reviews, and advancement of internal tools and processes
- Improving the team and company – you will be an active participant in our culture (mentorship, interviewing, and new initiatives)
We’re looking for someone with:
- Experience designing across multiple platforms.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile (i.e. Android and iOS).
- Understanding of best practices for accessibility
- Skills in communicating and influencing product design strategy.
- Open to joining a fast-paced environment
- 2+ years of Product Design, UI Design, or Interaction Design experience
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Interaction/UX Design or HCI, or equivalent experience
- Strong portfolio highlighting direct contributions to projects; demonstrating a deep knowledge of design principles and methods
- 100% covered medical/dental/vision insurance plans
- Commuter benefits
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- 25 days paid vacation and generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Fertility health benefits
- Class Pass & Citi Bike memberships
- Free lunch every day that you’re in the office
- 20 weeks paid parental leave
The starting salary for this role is between $95,000 - $140,000/year. Your exact offer will vary based on a number of factors including experience level, skillset, market location, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced, or more senior, than this job description as posted. In these situations, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate. In addition to cash compensation, Viam offers a comprehensive Total Rewards package that includes equity grants, health benefits, and more.
- Vision Driven
- Collaborate Openly
- Act Decisively
- Succeed Through Diversity
- Hold Ourselves Accountable
- Lead with Curiosity
Learn more about our values here!