Viam is building a new platform to make robotics more approachable to engineers of all backgrounds, empowering thousands of startups to achieve their robotic visions. We're taking on the hard software challenges, enabling engineers to build modular, practical robots efficiently and cost effectively. We're working on integrating hardware and software in new ways, giving engineers much greater abilities to accomplish their goals. At the same time, we're trying to increase the pace of innovation by bringing costs down tremendously.
As the Head of Brand Design, you will be responsible for building and evolving Viam’s brand with a strong grasp of design principles for both in person and digital experiences. Your responsibilities will center around driving creative marketing production for the company, with consistency for quality, tone and style across all media Viam creates internally. This includes: website design, evolution of Viam core branding, and developing a world-class team of design talent. This position will report to the CMO, work closely with the CEO and work cross-functionally with other teams.
- Generally, finding creative visual ways to tell the robotics story and get software engineers excited about working with robotics
- Driving design for the launch of Viam’s marketing site
- Maintaining website design
- Assisting in creation of design assets for content marketing, demandgen, social campaigns and more.
- Recruiting and developing talented designers to expand Viam’s visual storytelling as the company grows
- Communicating design thinking to a non-design audience
- Staying up to date with design trends and software to identify best practices
- Organizing the process by which creative is produced, bringing inbound requests and innovative ideas together harmoniously so everything gets the attention its due
- Selecting and managing design software systems, including any collaboration platforms needed
- Working closely with head of product design to align on brand and product style
- Collaborating across marketing, product and people teams
We're looking for someone who:
- Has 5+ years of professional experience in brand design or similar
- Is curious by nature and is driven to take creative tasks from ideation to completion, including learning new approaches to achieve the desired results
- Has expertise with creative software like Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, etc.
- Has experience with popular website design tools like Hubspot or Squarespace
- Has an affinity for big ideas and taking risks
- Is able to coordinate and collaborate across many teams and perform in a fast-moving startup environment.
- Is not afraid to voice professional design opinion when it conflicts with leadership
- Is hungry: we are a young and fast-growing company where everyone pitches in beyond their job description to move the company forward
Preferred, but not critical qualifications:
- Experience in enterprise SaaS or robotics industry
- Degree in design-related discipline
- 100% covered medical/dental/vision insurance plans, commuter benefits
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- 25 days paid vacation and generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Fertility health benefits
- Class Pass & Citi Bike memberships
- Free lunch everyday that you’re in the office
- 20 weeks paid parental leave