Viam is building a new platform to make robotics more approachable to engineers of all backgrounds, empowering thousands of startups to achieve their robotic visions. We're taking on the hard software challenges, enabling engineers to build modular, practical robots efficiently and cost effectively. We're working on integrating hardware and software in new ways, giving engineers much greater abilities to accomplish their goals. At the same time, we're trying to increase the pace of innovation by bringing costs down tremendously.
Viam's products are built by engineers, for engineers. We want to build a platform we would want to use ourselves, which is setting a high bar. This requires a high quality experience weaved throughout the stack, and computer vision is at the heart of robotics. As a computer vision engineer, you will be integral not to just building out high quality, robust software, but to creating the future of robots. Our current tech stack consists of golang (backend), linux, and a variety of hardware.
- Working on the computer vision stack, from low level primitives to the API
- Solving problems in new and interesting way to make computer vision an integral part of the robot experience
- Make computer vision approachable and consumable by other developers looking to integrate it into their robots
We're looking for someone who:
- Has an affinity to hard complex problems, and loves solving them with practical solutions
- Has worked on hard computer vision problems, and wants to bring the best approaches to new areas with new solutions
- Wants to make our users lives easier through making their work more efficient
- Is excited to approach new technologies and open-ended problems
- Believes in high-quality, tested, and well documented code