Viam is building a new platform to make robotics more approachable to engineers of all backgrounds, empowering thousands of startups to achieve their robotic visions. We're taking on the hard software challenges, enabling engineers to build modular, practical robots efficiently and cost effectively. We're working on integrating hardware and software in new ways, giving engineers much greater abilities to accomplish their goals. At the same time, we're trying to increase the pace of innovation by bringing costs down tremendously.
Viam's products are built by engineers, for engineers. We want to build a platform we would want to use ourselves, which is setting a high bar. This requires a high quality experience weaved throughout the stack. As a fullstack engineer, you will be integral not to just building out high quality, robust backends and frontends, but to creating the future of robots. Our current tech stack consists of Golang (backend), ES.Next/TypeScript/Vue.js (frontend), and MongoDB (database).
- Working across the stack on new and unique problems in robotics and cloud computing
- Defining the initial architecture of our frontend
- Building out a multi-tenant cloud service for users to manage their robots.
- Using state-of-the-art technologies that best solve our problems at hand.
We're looking for someone who:
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Has an affinity to all parts of the technology stack
- Is opinionated on the design and implementation of interfaces both visual and programmatic
- Wants to make our users lives easier through making their work more efficient
- Is excited to approach new technologies and open-ended problems
- Believes in high-quality, tested, and well documented code
Preferred, but not critical qualifications:
- Good working knowledge of Golang
- Modern web development experience (ES.Next/TypeScript and React or Vue.js)
- Experience using MongoDB
- Experience deploying applications in one of the major cloud providers