At Vercel, our mission is to enable developers to create at the moment of inspiration. We are the platform for frontend developers, creating tools millions of developers use every day. By unlocking developer potential through the use of open-source tools such as Next.js, React, Svelte, and Turborepo, we enable developers to go from idea to global application in seconds.
As a globally distributed company, we take pride in our ability to work across time zones and continents, fostering collaboration and innovation. Our offices in San Francisco and New York City serve as hubs for our teams to come together and develop the tools that empower our users. By joining Vercel, you'll be part of a team that is deeply committed to open-source technologies and dedicated to shaping the future of web development.
About the Role:
The Vercel Sales Engineering Team enables the power of our advanced platform to be realized by frontend teams working on innovative digital projects around the globe. We use our deep experiences in web development and Internet infrastructure to provide pre-sales guidance for enterprises who are moving to the most developer-friendly platform in the world. Sales Engineers play a key role in our Sales process by partnering with Account Executives to plan, prepare and complete strategic deals in complex sales cycles, with a focus on value-based selling. You'll find a collaborative environment at Vercel, where everyone brings different strengths from a variety of backgrounds, and jumps in to help one another improve and accomplish our goals.
What You Will Do:
- Provide technical support to the sales team, prospects, and customers throughout the entire sales cycle
- Be the expert in Vercel's platform, solutions, and services and how they can be applied to solve business needs
- Develop and present demonstrations of the Vercel solutions
- Manage and run PoCs, guiding measures of success and towards meaningful outcomes
- Respond to Security Documents, coordinating with other internal specialist teams
- Respond to RFPs and other required formal written responses for sales opportunities
- Be an interface to Product and Engineering teams, representing Voice of Customer
- You focus on learning, guiding, collaboration, mentorship, and grow
- You have a passion for helping people develop an accurate mental model of how our technology works and have the ability to quickly build a rapport and become a trusted advisor
- You can transform jargon into a cogent narrative relating to the specific needs of a wide range of people, from frontend developers to IT managers and enterprise C-levels
- You are able to weave together discussions about business benefits, strategic value, and technical efficacy with the ability to envision, create and develop custom demos
- You understand how to lead a project and prioritize between competing demands
- You possess strong technical skills, ideally from software development experience or previous pre-sales experience
- You are an expert in internet technologies: TCP, DNS, HTTP(S), TLS
- You are aware of the broader technical ecosystems, including Headless CMS, Media, payments, eCommerce, Analytics, etc.
- You're experienced with load and performance testing for enterprise web applications
- You understand best practices in enterprise network architecture and security
- You have 3+ years of experience in a customer-facing sales or consulting role
Bonus If You:
- Deployed Next.js applications to a production environment
- Worked on teams self-hosting Next.js on their Kubernetes (k8s) cluster
- Earned Cloud Solutions Architect Certifications
- Engaged with platform security & privacy regulatory standards like PCI DSS, HIPAA, and SOC-2
- Attained an Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields
- Great compensation package and stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style - 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow - we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited PTO - 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- We will provide you the gear you need to do your role, and a WFH budget for you to outfit your space as needed
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don't necessarily check every box on the job description.