At Vendia, we care deeply about an exceptional user experience. We are looking for a Principal Product Manager who will put users first and build features that delight them. In this role, you will own and drive the roadmap for the Vendia Share platform. You will work collaboratively across teams to define and prioritize easy to use product features that enable a delightful user experience to drive revenue, adoption, and usage. You’ll partner with customers to understand and empathize with their needs. You’ll partner with engineering to ensure usability, performance, and availability are delivered along with amazing features. You’ll partner with Marketing and Sales to define persona segmentation and customer journeys and to produce compelling collateral for customers, conduct field training and execute go-to-market plays.
Successful candidates for this role will be excited about the prospect of helping data teams and developers solve the challenges of creating mission-critical applications that operate on-scale data that crosses company and cloud boundaries. A deep empathy for end user and buyer challenges is a must, balanced with a strategic understanding of Vendia’s business objectives. Demonstrated experience leading developer-facing platform efforts and a strong technical background in large-scale systems is a hard requirement. Candidates have successfully created or radically expanded high volume cloud services, and have successfully crafted one or more platform products over the course of their careers. Candidates must possess a proactive approach to customer and developer outreach with a large degree of external interaction and ecosystem development, as well as deep technical insights that enable them to understand, define, and specify new features appropriate to database, blockchain, and serverless compute engines.
We are a virtual company seeking employees who can operate within US time zones.
As Principal Product Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Designing Product Strategy and Roadmap - You bring a broad and deep comprehension of user personas and user needs in the enterprise software market for large scale systems. Your deep familiarity with incumbent and competitive approaches to data sharing and integration enables you to readily translate market opportunity, customer needs, and technical capabilities into products and features that solve real-world problems. You understand and think through the end-to-end customer user experience in crafting a product strategy. In particular, you take a product led growth mindset that stems from deep understanding of the user/developer persona and consistently build delightful APIs and UI/UX for this persona. Your technical background enables you to understand, conceptualize, and specify detailed outcomes relevant to creating new database, blockchain/distributed ledger, and serverless compute features and services, along with the identity, security, and governance elements required to deliver them to enterprise customers successfully.
- Go-to-Market - You have a keen intuition and understanding of developer personas, buyer personas, buyer journeys, and purchasing motivations, and you can translate those into pricing structures, demand generation, and selling tactics that enable sales to be successful in achieving revenue targets. You use data-driven insights to drive your understanding, inform executive leadership, and continuously optimize your product and go-to-market strategies. You will launch platform features and capabilities, test their performance, and iterate quickly.
- Collateral Creation and Presentation - Your deep understanding of Vendia’s products and technical capabilities enables you to quickly create world-class, customer-facing collateral for all pipeline stages from early awareness through late-stage sales enablement. Specifically, you have a demonstrated ability to create award-winning products and developer experiences with associated collateral that speaks directly to enterprise developers.
- Feedback and Evangelism - You obsess over customer experience and actively solicit feedback that you use to outpace and outdesign the competition to tailor solutions towards customer delight. You passionately evangelize to businesses and developers alike. You readily meet and routinely exceed adoption and usage growth expectations and enjoy learning how creative applications of your product can lead to additional opportunities. You listen carefully for unmet needs and monetization opportunities.
- Industry Awareness - You have a deep and broad understanding of cloud infrastructure, SaaS, security and privacy, development and operations, and distributed systems, and are ready to deploy that knowledge and experience on day 1 here. You play a visible and active role in the field, constantly evaluating and learning about new technologies, competitors, approaches, and customer needs. You actively blog, speak, and use social media to establish and promote your products, point of view, and the differentiated value proposition of the products and services you represent.
- 7+ years in a technical Product Management role that includes ownership of at least one key cloud-based product or platform with a developer focus
- Must have managed commercial B2B software products in the cloud (SaaS/PaaS) from conception to launch, including new products and feature releases in a high growth environment
- Successful track record of crafting, building, and evangelizing APIs and UI/UX for an enterprise developer persona and engaging customers in product roadmap review and construction
- Deep understanding of at least one or more of the following areas:, APIs (GraphQL, REST), distributed ledgers, databases, serverless frameworks
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data-driven analysis to create, monitor, and drive decisions
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- 4-year undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university, or the equivalent international degree, in Computer, Engineering, or Mathematics
- MBA or equivalent job experience
- Have owned revenue and adoption KPIs in the past and delivered successful results against them for multiple quarters
- Early stage startup experience
- Demonstrated success growing developer ecosystems from the ground up
- Ability to influence key buyer personas and other stakeholders
Vendia is the only real-time data cloud company that enables customers to free critical data stuck in traditional applications, data stores, cloud service providers, and other silos. We provide the undifferentiated services and infrastructure necessary to share data safely and securely. By combining serverless blockchains, ledgers, access control, smart APIs and more, Vendia delivers governance and compliance with industry standards, allowing companies to focus on what matters most: their customer experience.
Our customers span sectors as diverse as Automotive, Food & Beverage, Travel, and Nonprofits. They use Vendia to solve their most challenging data sharing and data integration problems: real-time supply chain and logistics tracking, settlement of physical and digital contracts, consolidating the data needed to drive AI/ML inferencing, and more. Our employees helped create industry-changing services like AWS Lambda… and we’re continuing that tradition at Vendia, with disruptive, innovative technologies that combine the best of Serverless, distributed ledgers, and massively scaled cloud-based services that deliver business value to our customers.
Vendia is a rapidly growing, minority-owned startup headquartered in San Francisco and Seattle, but serving the needs of enterprises around the globe. Our recent $30M Series B investment has enabled us to accelerate our vision of multi-party data sharing, and we are growing rapidly. We embrace remote workers but also love interactive development. Our culture is dynamic, with a focus on rapid, iterative delivery and continuous learning from customer engagements. Most importantly, we are a "succeed or fail together" company - everyone here plays nicely with each other, a culture we’ve enshrined in our Kind Humans Policy, and a key requirement for all job applicants.