As a Senior Developer Advocate, you’ll partner with Product Management, Marketing, Engineering, and the Solution Architect teams to help developers understand, adopt, and innovate on Vendia’s multi-cloud, distributed data platform. You’ll engage in all stages of the developer adoption journey, from early discovery and use case exploration through production scaling. As an expert in the needs of developers and platform ecosystems as well as Vendia’s products and services, you’ll be uniquely positioned to create raging fans and uplevel Vendia's user experience across products and communication channels. With the detailed technical exposure you’ve acquired in public cloud services, you serve as a “trusted partner” to developers, able to empathize with their learning curve and helping them with not only feature adoption but also operational challenges that include latency, throughput, and scalability improvements that span all aspects of data integration, from schema design to query optimization. You’ll also partner with SIs, training and enabling them to extend your reach. You routinely harvest product suggestions from your in-person and online developer engagements, meetups, and hands-on labs, and communicate those findings back to the product management team, creating a continuous feedback loop of product optimization that helps delight existing users and opens new innovation opportunities that accelerates both new and existing usage.
Vendia is seeking a Senior or Principal-level Developer Advocate with extensive public cloud and distributed systems experience. Qualified candidates will have spent multiple years in a technical, hands-on, and developer-facing role enabling users to rapidly and happily adopt innovative APIs, ideally in a public cloud setting. You should be an excellent communicator, comfortable in front of users, customers, and partners alike. You should routinely produce compelling, technical collateral such as getting started guides, examples, and new feature release posts, and be able to use them to support and grow large developer ecosystems, as well as enabling technical sales.
Sample collateral is required of all candidates. Our team is diverse and virtually located; like our product, we span geographies and the following time zones: 00011101000[GMT]000000000100
As a Senior Developer Advocate, you will be responsible for:
- Serving as a developer advocate and technical product evangelist, including presenting at developer-centric events and creating compelling collateral and social media content to drive bottom-up adoption
- Improving adoption rates and user satisfaction by creating Getting Started guides, improving existing (and producing new) documentation where necessary to augment the engineering team’s outputs, and crafting demos, examples, and other compelling mechanisms to help users experience and understand Vendia’s offerings and unique selling points
- Supporting sales and marketing through your technical acumen, in depth use case understanding, and ability to evangelize to all potential users and customers regardless of their level of understanding
- Regular, technical customer engagements, including pre- and post-sales and via social media
- Relentless customer obsession, viewing the user's experience as your own, and advocating internally for user-requested features, capabilities, and needs
- Partnering with sales and marketing teams to create compelling content that accelerates buying decisions and converts users to customers through quantitative conversion KPIs that you track and optimize
- 5 years experience as a developer advocate, software engineer, technical solutions architect or equivalent experience with direct user-facing responsibilities in a public cloud or similar environment
- Mastery in all of the following areas: At least one major public cloud provider, such as AWS, Azure, or GCP; at least one NoSQL database technology; GraphQL and REST APIs
- Experienced with industry best practices in data, APIs, and cloud architecture
- Ability to plan and execute user events, such as meet ups, both online and in person
- 4 year undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or, Math
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience at a startup or similar fast-paced environment, ideally with cloud-based applications, infrastructure services, and/or enterprise SaaS offerings.
- Experience with large group communications and presentations including both technical and business audiences.
- Masters, PhD, or other advanced academic degree in Computer Science, Cryptography, or related areas.
- Transparent work products, such as: GitHub commits to a well-known open source project; published books or blogs on industry topics of interest; YouTube videos of public speaking engagements, such as conference presentations.
All employees at Vendia are culturally well-rounded: You enjoy working on a team, contributing back as much as you learn from others while acknowledging no job is too small or too big. You are relentlessly self critical and data driven, holding yourself to the highest standards. You love all aspects of technology innovation, but you are especially passionate about user adoption and success, and measure your impact through the lenses of revenue, retention, and satisfaction.
Vendia is creating the world’s fastest and most scalable distributed data platform for transactional workloads. Our cloud-based, SaaS-delivered offerings enable application developers to work with real-time business data, even when that data spans companies, clouds, geographies, or technology stacks. By recreating the speed and ease of a conventional database, we’re tackling the hardest cross-cloud sharing challenges so that our customers can focus on what matters most: their business outcomes.
Our customers span sectors as diverse as Automotive, Food & Beverage, Travel, and Nonprofits. They use Vendia to solve their most challenging data sharing and data integration problems: real-time supply chain and logistics tracking, settlement of physical and digital contracts, consolidating the data needed to drive AI/ML inferencing, and more. Our employees helped create industry-changing services like AWS Lambda… and we’re continuing that tradition at Vendia, with disruptive, innovative technologies that combine the best of Serverless, distributed ledgers, and massively scaled cloud-based services that deliver business value to our customers.
Vendia is a rapidly growing, minority-owned startup headquartered in San Francisco and Seattle, but serving the needs of enterprises around the globe. Our recent $15.5M Series A investment has enabled us to accelerate our vision of multi-party data sharing, and we are growing rapidly. We embrace remote workers but also love interactive development. Our culture is dynamic, with a focus on rapid, iterative delivery and continuous learning from customer engagements. Most importantly, we are a "succeed or fail together" company - everyone here plays nicely with each other, a culture we’ve enshrined in our Kind Humans Policy, and a key requirement for all job applicants.