Nerdy is searching for a Senior Marketing Manager to join our Varsity Tutors for Schools team. This role will be a critical part of expanding our K-12 institutional business and will help us drive partnership opportunities with schools and districts across the country. We are looking for someone with experience in sales enablement and the creation of engaging B2B marketing content, sales collateral, email marketing, event/webinar coordination, and the design and management of effective marketing campaigns at national, state, and local levels. We need someone with experience creating customized and compelling sales collateral, generating presentations and content for entreprise sales teams, and the deployment of sales enablement strategies that will drive leads and partnerships with school districts. This role will be instrumental in building and scaling our fast-growing K-12 institutional business, impacting the lives of millions of students throughout the country.
Nerdy (NYSE: NRDY), the parent company of Varsity Tutors, is a leading platform for live online learning, with a mission to transform the way people learn through technology. The Company’s purpose-built proprietary platform leverages technology, including AI, to connect learners of all ages to experts, delivering superior value on both sides of the network. Nerdy’s comprehensive learning destination provides learning experiences across 3,000+ subjects and multiple formats—including one-on-one instruction, small group classes, large format group classes, and adaptive self-study. Nerdy’s flagship business, Varsity Tutors, is one of the nation’s largest platforms for live online tutoring and classes. Its solutions are available directly to students and consumers, as well as through schools and other institutions. Learn more about Nerdy at https://www.nerdy.com/.
- Bachelor-level degree
- 5+ years of experience in B2B enterprise marketing, content generation, and sales enablement
- Strong messaging and storytelling skills that resonate with educators and highlight the different points along the customer journey
- Proven CRM experience (Salesforce) and history using marketing/lead gen tools that integrate with our CRM and can effectively target K12 school districts
- A solid understanding of B2B procurement and sales processes, preferably within the K-12 market
- Excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to articulate the value propositions of Varsity Tutors to different audiences and in a variety of formats
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, understanding of email marketing best practices and segmentation as well as performance and effectiveness
- Strong customer relations skills and high emotional intelligence
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, deadline-oriented, organized, resourceful, and has the ability to coordinate projects from start to finish
- Understand and appreciate that Nerdy is an apolitical company and that we can have the largest impact if we are united in our focus on helping people learn and not divided or distracted by advancing unrelated causes
- Create and develop engaging product messaging, website content, and sales collateral to effectively communicate the company products and Value Proposition within the K12 space
- Develop and manage marketing campaigns (including email) targeted to national, state, and geographic regions as well as target district influencers including lead generation, brand awareness, and customer advocacy
- Accurately track ROI of all marketing-related activities, communication, and opportunity tracking in CRM
- Work effectively across sales to develop a GoToMarket (GTM) strategy and campaigns to drive revenue and support product launches
- Manage the development of sales tools and training that support the selling process of our products and services
- Monitor the long-term product roadmap and plan future messaging and marketing collateral
- Join sales and customer service reps for client meetings to develop an understanding of the needs and “the voice” of our customers
- Lead and support the creation of Sales Proposals / Presentations / Research Studies / White Papers / Marketing Collateral
- Drive market and customer research collection, analysis, and interpretation of data for short and long-term market forecasts and reports.
- Organize and prioritize both National and Regional conferences with effective messaging and ROI
- Construct virtual marketing events and drive the correct targeted audience to attend these virtual events
Varsity Tutors Leadership Principles
Relentless Focus on Customers * Comfort with Ambiguity * Ownership * Simplify * Intellectual Curiosity * Build Teams * Think Big * Insist on High Standards * Bias for Action * Build Trust * Go Deep * Have Conviction * Deliver Results * Are Right, a Lot
- Competitive Salary plus Equity in the Company
- Healthcare Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401k Company Matching Plan
- Remote Position, fully work from home
- Flexible PTO
- Free Learning Membership
Nerdy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.