Nerdy is seeking a Director of Revenue Operations to lead and enhance the efficiency of the company's enterprise sales processes, manage revenue-related functions, and equip the sales team with the tools, technologies, and automation necessary to drive revenue growth for our Varsity Tutors for Schools business.
This role will be a critical part of expanding Varsity Tutors for Schools business throughout the United States and be responsible for rapidly improving the operational processes and workflow of the sales and customer success teams. The Director of Revenue Operations will play a pivotal role in optimizing and automating our sales processes, implementing new technologies and tools, and in the execution of building and maintaining a scalable sales engine. The right candidate is someone who is process and detail oriented, provides analytical rigor and structure, thrives on enabling sales teams maximum productivity, and consistently delivers results in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment.
Nerdy (NYSE: NRDY), the parent company of Varsity Tutors, is a leading platform for live online learning, with a mission to transform the way people learn through technology. The Company’s purpose-built proprietary platform leverages technology, including AI, to connect learners of all ages to experts, delivering superior value on both sides of the network. Nerdy’s comprehensive learning destination provides learning experiences across 3,000+ subjects and multiple formats—including one-on-one instruction, small group classes, large format group classes, and adaptive self-study. Nerdy’s flagship business, Varsity Tutors, is one of the nation’s largest platforms for live online tutoring and classes. Its solutions are available directly to students and consumers, as well as through schools and other institutions. Learn more about Nerdy at https://www.nerdy.com/.
- Sales Operations Strategy: Develop and execute a comprehensive sales operations program.
- Team Leadership: Build, mentor, and lead high-performing sales and customer success teams.
- Sales Process Optimization: Define, document, and continually refine sales and customer success processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness, ensuring alignment with industry best practices.
- Data-Driven Decision Making: Implement a data-driven approach to analyze sales and customer success performance, identify trends, and provide actionable insights to sales leadership.
- Sales Enablement: Oversee the development and execution of sales enablement programs (including Salesforce), tools, and content to equip the sales team with the necessary knowledge and resources for success.
- Sales Technology Management: Evaluate, select, and manage the sales technology stack, (including Salesforce) , to support the sales and customer success teams needs.
- Sales Compensation and Incentives: Design, implement, and manage sales and customer success compensation plans that motivate and reward high performance while aligning with the company's financial goals.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate closely with other departments, including marketing, finance, and product development, to ensure alignment and seamless execution of go-to-market strategies.
- Performance Measurement: Define and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) to track the effectiveness of sales and customer success operations initiatives and drive continuous improvement.
- Budget Management: Allocate and manage the budget for the sales and customer success functions, ensuring cost-effectiveness and ROI.
- Sales Forecasting: Work closely with sales leadership to develop accurate sales forecasts and provide insights for resource allocation and strategy adjustments.
- Bachelor’s degree required, (Master degree or MBA strongly preferred)
- Proven experience in sales/revenue operations leadership, with a track record of leading a high-performing enterprise sales operations team for a high-growth software company.
- Salesforce experience required.
- Experience leading analytical projects and guiding decision-making based on rigorous data analysis
- Strong Excel skills required, SQL and Looker (or other visualization tools experience) is preferred
- Scalability-minded with the ability to accelerate and automate sale processes and a drive for continuous improvement
- Extremely proactive and self-driven, with the ability to anticipate needs and find solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A proven ability to track, prioritize, and drive analytical projects and improvements
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and sound judgment capabilities
- Highly organized, with the ability to simplify processes and create efficiencies for individuals and teams
- Understand and appreciate that Nerdy is an apolitical company and that we can have the largest impact if we are united in our focus on helping people learn and not divided or distracted by advancing unrelated causes
Varsity Tutors Leadership Competencies:
Relentless Focus on Customers * Comfort with Ambiguity * Ownership * Simplify * Intellectual Curiosity * Build Teams * Think Big * Insist on High Standards * Bias for Action * Build Trust * Go Deep * Have Conviction * Deliver Results * Are Right, a Lot
- Competitive Salary plus Equity in the company
- Healthcare Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401k Company Matching Plan
- Maternity, Paternal, and Adoption Leave
- Remote Position
- Flexible PTO
- Free Learning Membership for you and your household (1-1 tutoring hours, unlimited use of on-demand services, and access to our online classes)
- Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help transform how the world learns!
Varsity Tutors is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.