Varsity Tutors, a Nerdy Company, is searching for a Regional Vice President of K-12 Sales to join our Varsity Tutors for Schools team and lead our East region representing approximately half of the country and a team of K-12 Educational Field Reps and Strategic Account Executives. The Regional Vice President will be a critical part of expanding Varsity Tutors’ K-12 institutional business and maximizing the performance of the team. This person will be responsible for managing a sales team that is tasked with building relationships with key decision-makers at the school district level and selling Varsity Tutors’ suite of products that bring live learning solutions to students district-wide. The individual in this role should be well-versed in the K-12 education landscape, including funding, state initiatives, demographics, and the procurement process for K-12 schools. This key contributor will help inform our overall go-to-market strategy and will focus on maximizing the sales efficiency and revenue growth of the team. This is a remote role with national territory coverage, allowing this leader and team to drive business across the K-12 institutional market.
The individual in this role needs to exhibit a high level of professionalism and have the ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders, as well as drive sales execution of the team. The Regional Vice President will be an advocate for Varsity Tutors, its brand, and its suite of learning products and programs.
Nerdy (NYSE: NRDY), the parent company of Varsity Tutors, is a leading platform for live online learning, with a mission to transform the way people learn through technology. The Company’s purpose-built proprietary platform leverages technology, including AI, to connect learners of all ages to experts, delivering superior value on both sides of the network. Nerdy’s comprehensive learning destination provides learning experiences across 3,000+ subjects and multiple formats—including one-on-one instruction, small group classes, large format group classes, and adaptive self-study. Nerdy’s flagship business, Varsity Tutors, is one of the nation’s largest platforms for live online tutoring and classes. Its solutions are available directly to students and consumers, as well as through schools and other institutions. Learn more about Nerdy at https://www.nerdy.com/.
- Bachelor-level degree required
- 10+ years of successful K-12 sales and management experience
- Strong leadership qualities with the ability to drive accountability and develop/motivate a team of K-12 account executives
- Intermediate/advanced proficiency demonstrating technology-based learning solutions
- Proficiency in google suite, web-based presentation tools & video conference tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer relations skills and high emotional intelligence
- Ability to travel as needed to visit with key stakeholders, schools officials, etc
- Understand and appreciate that Nerdy is an apolitical company and that we can have the largest impact if we are united in our focus on helping people learn and not divided or distracted by advancing unrelated causes.
- Manage, develop, and drive accountability with a team of highly functioning account executives
- Build and manage a sales pipeline with school districts to drive organic growth of the K-12 business
- Develop and execute a prospecting strategy that sources new business opportunities through cold calling, client referrals, emails, and networking
- Maintain expertise in product knowledge of Varsity Tutors’ product suite, the educational industry, and factors influencing the market environment
- Engage key stakeholders using effective consultative techniques including pre-call planning and productive questioning strategies that lead to winning business
- Conduct consultative sales conversations to understand customer needs, highlight Varsity Tutors differentiators and provide product recommendations that meet the needs of school clients
- Drive sales quickly to a close within the education system using a process-driven procurement process
- Understand the K-12 procurement process and accurately forecast upcoming customer activity to sales leadership and executive team
- Use the CRM to accurately track customer-related activities, communication, market data, and critical issues
- Achieve key success metrics and goals consistently
- Collaborate with colleagues from other departments to improve efficiency and facilitate a successful customer experience
- Gather customer feedback to understand the customer experience deeply and share learnings to inform the field sales team, go to market strategy, and product enhancements
Varsity Tutors Leadership Principles
Relentless Focus on Customers * Comfort with Ambiguity * Ownership * Simplify * Intellectual Curiosity * Build Teams * Think Big * Insist on High Standards * Bias for Action * Build Trust * Go Deep * Have Conviction * Deliver Results * Are Right, a Lot
- Competitive Salary, Variable Compensation, and Equity in the company
- Healthcare Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- 401k Company Matching Plan
- Maternity, Paternal, and Adoption Leave
- Remote Position
- Flexible PTO
- Free Learning Membership for you and your household (1-1 tutoring hours, unlimited use of on-demand services, and access to our online classes)
- Unique opportunity to help transform how the world learns!
- Fun, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment with plenty of training and a feedback-rich culture
Varsity Tutors is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.