At Van Metre, we believe that each employee contributes directly to our growth, success, and culture. We seek out candidates who love to challenge themselves and work with others to fulfill this role. Van Metre is seeking an Information Technology Specialist I to join our Information Technology team!
Under the direct supervision of the Director of IT, you will be a part of the Information Technology team at Van Metre Companies. As the Information Technology Specialist I, you will help assist Van Metre employees with technical issues and help with IT projects.
This position will be an in person role. As Information Technology Specialist I, you will commute to locations in Northern VA.
- Provide general in person and remote user support, as well as maintain, analyze, troubleshoot, and repair computer systems, hardware, and software systems
- Documents, upgrades, or replaces hardware and software systems
- Resolves and debugs system problems or issues related to the Van Metre infrastructure, assists in the identification of user training needs, and performs other duties as needed
- Provides excellent customer service to the supported end-users
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar role
- Must own car and be able to drive to different locations in Northern Virginia during the day (Valid Driver's License Required)
- Must be available to be on call for after-hours and weekends on a rotational basis
- Excellent customer service and communication skills and the desire to provide the highest level of support to end-users both in-person and remotely
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Experience analyzing problems, and resolving issues related to desktop/laptop computers, and Microsoft Operating systems
- Ability to thrive in a team environment and/or work independently as needed
- Desire to learn and expand knowledge and skills
- Experience working with a ticketing system
- Networking experience, including support/configuration of network switches, routers, and wireless access points
- Cat5e/6 cabling and terminating experience
Preferred (but not required) Experience/Education:
- Experience with supporting/troubleshooting MacOS
- Active Directory management experience
- Network printer management experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Teams phone systems
- Experience creating Standard Operating Procedures, process documents, and Visio diagrams
- Experience working with Office 365
- Ability to provide one-on-one coaching, as required for end-users
- SharePoint Online experience
- A+ certification or equivalent
- Network + or equivalent
Van Metre Companies has been named a Top Workplace by the Washington Post for seven consecutive years! We have received the Washington Business Journal’s Best Places to Work Award for the last six years, and have received their Corporate Philanthropy Award for the last nine years in a row!!!
We offer excellent benefits, and a work environment that fosters and rewards excellence. We also promote work/life balance, including a robust Employee Wellness Program, which encourages healthy living and physical fitness. We encourage employees to make full use of vacation and company paid volunteer time to refresh their bodies and minds.
Van Metre Mission Statement
The mission of Van Metre Companies is to build and continually improve upon the storied reputation, earned over the years since the Company’s founding in 1955, of providing top quality homes, investment properties and services to our customers and clients. The Company’s emphasis on integrity, professionalism and philanthropy ingrained by our founder Albert G. Van Metre, Sr. has garnered trust and respect in the Washington, D.C. area and beyond. It is critical to our future that we maintain that reputation and assure that Van Metre Companies continues to excel in real estate development and construction and in the management of apartment, retail and office investment properties, as well as in the provision of mortgage and related services. It is the task of our dedicated, energetic, and involved professionals to advance our ability to set the benchmark for luxury living and refined commercial development. The capstone of our mission is to make the “Van Metre” signature an icon for elegant residential communities, and industry leading condominium and apartment communities, as well as Class A neighborhood retail centers and office developments.