At Van Metre, we believe that each employee contributes directly to our growth, success, and culture. We seek out candidates who love to challenge themselves and work with others to fulfill this role. Van Metre is seeking a Wall Panel and Truss Designer either in house at our Winchester, VA facility or remote!
The Wall Panel and Truss Designer will be responsible for wood roof, floor, and wall component designs on a variety of residential projects.
- Designers will create manufactured components for production and construction by utilizing the Mitek Sapphire Suite to create shop drawings, layouts and other associated files unique to each project.
- Designers will create components to efficiently use lumber and other materials in order to minimize waste.
- Designers will be responsible for tracking the progress of their projects.
- Designers will assist in maintain master files and material estimates.
- Demonstrated commitment to teamwork by cooperating with a positive attitude with coworkers, supervisor, and other divisions in achieving company/division goals, contributing ideas, suggestions, to help division improve performance in service, production, or problem-solving.
- Continuing education and training to grow design knowledge.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering, or related area or relevant work experience
- Ability to read Architectural and Structural construction documents
- Mitek Software Suite
- 2+ years Component Design or Building Industry and/or Mitek software preferred
- Professional appearance and behavior
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of individuals, both orally and in writing
- Skill in effectively responding to and resolving complaints
- Ability to read and interpret written information
- Ability to analyze problems and provide solutions
- Ability to utilize MS Office Applications; Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Ability to interpret and apply company policies and directives
Van Metre was just named one of the Top Workplaces in DC by the Washington Post five years in a row and by the Washington Business Journal three years in a row! We have also won the Washington Business Journal's Corporate Philanthropy Award 3 years in a row, received the Silver Award and recognition for being a Breast Feeding Friendly Workplace from Loudoun County's 2017 Annual Healthy Business Awards Council, and were named 2017's Outstanding Corporate Citizen of the Year in the mid-size business category from the Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce!
We offer excellent benefits, and a work environment that fosters and rewards excellence. We also promote work/life balance, including a robust Employee Wellness Program, which encourages healthy living and physical fitness through our monthly gym membership reimbursement, free Fitbit challenges, and massage offered on site. We encourage employees to make full use of vacation and company paid volunteer time to refresh their bodies and minds.
As a developer of complete communities and towns – luxury residential, mixed-use residential/retail, commercial, condominium and apartment communities – we have built more than 16,000 new luxury and custom homes since 1955.
Van Metre Mission Statement
The mission of Van Metre Companies is to build and continually improve upon the storied reputation, earned over the years since the Company’s founding in 1955, of providing top quality homes, investment properties and services to our customers and clients. The Company’s emphasis on integrity, professionalism and philanthropy ingrained by our founder Albert G. Van Metre, Sr. has garnered trust and respect in the Washington, D.C. area and beyond. It is critical to our future that we maintain that reputation and assure that Van Metre Companies continues to excel in real estate development and construction and in the management of apartment, retail and office investment properties, as well as in the provision of mortgage and related services. It is the task of our dedicated, energetic, and involved professionals to advance our ability to set the benchmark for luxury living and refined commercial development. The capstone of our mission is to make the Van Metre signature an icon for elegant residential communities, and industry leading condominium and apartment communities, as well as Class A neighborhood retail centers and office developments.