Imagine working on a global communication network that’s used by 3.7 billion people and every day more than a quarter trillion messages cross this network. There’s just one problem: even in today’s modern world, phishing attacks run rampant, costing companies billions of dollars each year. Whether it’s from wire fraud, W-2 thefts, or targeted attacks to steal data, companies have been powerless to protect themselves.
Valimail offers a comprehensive solution for stopping fake email, protecting brands, and helping ensure compliance. We’ve already stopped billions of malicious emails from being delivered, won over a dozen prestigious cybersecurity awards, and count some of the world's biggest companies as customers, including Fannie Mae, Uber, WeWork, Yelp, and the U.S. Agency for International Development.
Valimail’s engineering teams are creating the future of how we build and operate our services. We are looking for experienced Senior Engineering Managers to lead our Full Stack application development teams in building and maintaining new capabilities for our best in class offerings. You will work within a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, product managers, and quality engineers in a fast-paced startup environment.
Engineering Managers have not only the technical expertise to take on and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As a SWE Manager you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. Operating with scale and speed, our exceptional software engineers are just getting started -- and as a manager, you guide the way.
What You'll be Doing
- Manage processes and use your technical expertise to improve the team and ensure your team achieves extraordinary results - focus on team productivity and delivery
- Hire and retain top Software Engineering Talent
- Establish and articulate priorities and goals to your team
- Cultivate an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor
- Partner with Architects, Designers and Product Owners to help your team successfully plan for quarterly deliverables, iteratively deliver them during sprints, and adeptly respond to changes in priorities based on evolving business needs
- Ensure stability and performance of both backend services as well as client-side offerings that your team builds and owns
- Identify and drive resolution of roadblocks and issues that impact the success of your team
- Provide leadership for a high-performing Software Engineering Team including:
- Performance appraisal and feedback
- Setting goals and establishing metrics and accountability
- Coaching and mentoring
- Career growth guidance/assistance
- Facilitate knowledge and expertise sharing among team members
- 4+ years of direct management experience of highly technical engineers
- Demonstrated prior success in leading Software Engineering Organizations of 6+ people
- Experience developing and delivering scalable, full-stack multi-tenant SaaS product
- Experience working with geographically and culturally diverse teams
- Passionate about design and user experience
- Passionate about good engineering practices, new technologies, and improving processes, and a consistent record of mentoring and coaching team members
- Strong understanding of modern software development practices including Agile, DevOps, CI/CD
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
Why Join Us?
- Competitive pay + participation in employee stock option plan.
- Comprehensive health, dental, + vision coverage
- Eight weeks of paid maternity leave & Four weeks of paid paternity leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- Remote First Company, you can work anywhere within the US
- Unlimited and flexible PTO. We believe healthy, happy, relaxed people do better work.
Valimail is an equal opportunity employer. Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding the accessibility of our roles, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.