ustwo Games is a 25-person studio in London, best known as the creators of Monument Valley, Assemble With Care and Alba: A Wildlife Adventure. We are a multi-discipline team drawing from a diverse range of experience and creative influences; our aim is to craft interactive entertainment with stand-out production values, heart and broad appeal.
We are looking for a talented Junior Programmer to join us, someone wanting to gain professional experience in a supportive environment whilst immediately contributing to the development of new games.
You don’t necessarily need a degree or professional work experience. We are looking for someone who is passionate about pursuing a career in the games industry, has already worked on some of their own stuff (solo or with others) and is ready to step into our team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Within a programming team of 3-4 other programmers, you will work together to realise the team’s creative vision.
- You will be mentored and supported by a senior programmer to learn and develop your skills
- You will have a creative voice throughout development, having the chance to not just concentrate on the implementation but to partner with other disciplines in creating amazing player experiences.
- You will help build a codebase that can be iterated during development and is performant and maintainable after release.
- Has some some (not necessarily professional) experience working on a game project
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Drive to keep learning
- Unity/C# experience
- Secondary skill sets (game design, UX design, art, audio etc.)
What we can offer you!
We are a friendly, passionate studio, with a buzz of creativity. We offer a competitive package, including but not limited to, flexible working, company pension, private medical insurance, and amazing family friendly policies. We offer 25 days holiday (inclusive of studio closure days over Christmas), and we also promote flexible working patterns.
This role will be required to work in our Oval studio for a minimum of 2 days per week.
Ustwo games is committed to making a measurable positive impact on people’s everyday lives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We believe diverse teams help us make better games and we actively hire for cultural growth. We welcome people of all ages, stories and backgrounds. We provide everyone with equal access to professional development.