Why Join Us
User Interviews is a fully remote team (even in the before times). We are proactive about staying connected to one another despite not sharing the same physical space. Remote culture is real and we care about it—a lot.
We’re a team of doers. You’ll be fully supported by your manager and team, but there won’t be anyone peering over your shoulder. You’ll be expected and trusted to take ownership of your work, and to communicate clearly and transparently with your distributed teammates.
On a related note, we’re very pro-feedback. From our users, of course. But also from each other. From individual contributors right up to the CEO, this is a team that is genuinely committed to continuous improvement.
About User Interviews
At User Interviews, we believe that the best companies in the world consistently deliver products and experiences that their customers love. We also believe that the only way to consistently build those products and experiences is to talk to your customers. Watch what they do. Understand why they do what they do. Figure out why they do things that seem irrational. And once you’ve done that once, do it again. Start having constant conversations. In short, make customers your #1 priority through user research.
That’s why we exist. We help teams set up those conversations, allowing them to discover and embrace user insights. We currently do that by making it fast and easy to talk to customers, or potential customers, to help with product, design, or marketing decisions. We work with hundreds of companies every month, including user-centric organizations like Atlassian, Amazon, and Spotify.
Finance at User Interviews
The Finance team at User Interviews is expanding fast, growing from 4 to 6 in the last year! You’ll be joining a highly collaborative team that will continue to grow, and you’ll regularly partner with other departments at the company (including Data & Analytics, Revenue, Operations, Legal and others).
What you’ll do
As the Senior Accountant you’ll own accounting tasks including (but not limited to) reconciliations, AP, preparing monthly/ad-hoc reports, and aged AR analysis. You’ll contribute to timely completion of the month-end close and support the year-end audit. You’ll act as a resource for less experienced team members, work independently on special projects, and will be instrumental in building out processes and controls for the Accounting function.
The Senior Accountant will partner with other departments across the company, build relationships with key external stakeholders, and will report directly to the Accounting Manager.
- Contribute to the timely completion of the month-end close and related reporting & reconciliations, focusing on more complex accounting areas
- Assist with the completion of our annual audit in accordance with US GAAP
- Partner within the team and across departments on special projects including new systems implementations and optimizing existing systems
- Provide informal coaching to less experienced team members and perform initial reviews on certain workpapers
- Identify, address, and manage financial reporting risks
- Identify and address gaps or inefficiencies in processes and controls
- Understand department policies and perform basic technical accounting research in support of policy changes
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3-6 years of experience in a combination of public accounting / an accounting role at a SaaS company or similar industry with a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and understanding of US GAAP (especially ASC 606), and the ability to perform technical accounting research as needed
- Totally comfortable in G Suite
- Proficient in Excel - you nerd out on those keyboard shortcuts
- Strong problem solving capabilities
- A quick study who picks up new systems with ease
- Experience in a senior role and/or coaching others
- Strong sense of urgency and can manage competing priorities
- Excellent communication skills and can convey complex accounting/financial concepts to a diverse audience
- Candidates must be located in the United States and authorized to work without any Visa sponsorship.
- CPA preferred
- Proficiency in Quickbooks Online
- Experience implementing new systems
- Experience working at a tech company and/or start-up is strongly preferred
- Competitive Salary, starting at 70K+
- Annual Bonus
- 100% premium covered medical + dental employee coverage
- Annual membership to One Medical Group & Talkspace
- 401k + employer contribution
- 4 weeks of PTO to start + accrue an additional day per year of employment
- Unlimited wellness days - Sick? Doctors appointment? Mental health day? We’ve got you covered.
- Flexible, paid parental leave
- Stock options for every employee
- $250 Office setup budget
- $50/month Work From Home stipend
- Annual learning & development stipend
- Performance-based incentive plans
- Awards for 360-degree recognition, work anniversaries, & birthdays
- 1-2 team retreats per year (virtual and in-person options)
We embrace what makes you, you!
We are committed to accessibility, equity, diversity, and inclusion. We build products for and welcome participants, researchers, and employees from a diverse set of backgrounds. These backgrounds include—but are not limited to—varied socioeconomic status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, race, ethnicity, age, neurodivergence, disability, and citizenship.
As we grow, we are aware that this work is continuous. We will not settle for how things are, but rather strive for how they could be.