Job Title: Staff Data Engineer
About the Role:
Unite Us is seeking a self-driven, experienced Staff Data Engineer for our technology platform with the Data Engineering team. This team is responsible for the workflows and pipelines that support social care data extracts and application insights, and is the heart of the data system with dependencies extending outward. The models developed and maintained by this team are fundamental to the company's data products. Accordingly, the team pursues close collaboration with its internal customers while developing critical products for external customers. As a senior member of the Technology team, you will be a bridge between the strategic decisions being made by company leadership and turning that vision and intention into a releasable and valuable product. You will help set the architectural direction for the broader organization and ensure that our technical designs and decisions are properly evaluated in-line with the product goals and roadmap. In order to accomplish these tasks, you will need to help cultivate a dynamic, always-learning team culture that seeks to continuously create value for customers. This role offers an opportunity to have a significant impact on the future of healthcare.
What You'll Do:
- Join a highly professional and entrepreneurial environment.
- Lead large, strategic, complex, multi-person projects that cross multiple engineering teams.
- Provide technical direction to other engineers on their technical designs, including patterns and implementation details.
- Lead projects that improve stability, performance, and scalability across multiple systems.
- Builds and implements scalable tools early on to eliminate barriers to achieving goals.
- Participate in the creation of the roadmaps and ensuing feedback.
- Evaluate and create new product features based on customer needs in collaboration with the product team.
- Play a large role in simplifying product and technical design through collaboration with other members of the Technology team.
- Leverage your deep industry knowledge when solving technical problems to ensure there is a positive impact in the overall business.
- Make design decisions that minimize the cost of future changes.
- Take the lead in introducing new and better ways to solve problems even if they have never been done before.
- Mentor and grow engineers.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in delivering high-quality software solutions.
- Proficient working in AWS and/or other cloud providers. Native cloud development experience preferred.
- Expertise in ETL, ELT, SQL, python, devops, databases.
- Expertise in data modeling.
- Command of modern programming languages, python preferred.
- Love of automated testing.
- Experience working with semi-structured data.
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment.
- Open, communicative, and like working in small teams.
- Familiarity with SQL and relational databases, PostgreSQL preferred.
- Fluent in speaking and writing English.
Unite Us’ mission is to unlock the potential of every community. Our co-founders started Unite Us in 2013 to serve the people they served with. They witnessed firsthand the barriers and inefficiencies in trying to navigate health and social services, and set out to improve that experience for veterans and their families. Unite Us quickly expanded to serving all people who need connections to care across our country. Through Unite Us’ national network and software, community-based organizations, government agencies, and healthcare organizations are all connected to better collaborate to meet the needs of the individuals in their communities. We drive the collaboration to predict, deliver, and pay for services that impact whole-person health. If you want to do well and do good, join Unite Us.
Environmental Job Requirements and Working Conditions:
- This position is remote, U.S. based
- Target range: $175,000-195,000. This salary range represents our national target range for this role. Some geographic areas may have higher target ranges.
- You will only be contacted by a Unite Us team member with a Unite Us email address regarding any Unite Us job openings. We will never contact you through a third party.
Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. If you require assistance in applying for open positions due to a disability please email us at email@example.com to request an accommodation.