Who we are:
As our co-founders transitioned from military to civilian life, they encountered barriers and inefficiencies navigating the most basic health and social services. Together, they set out to improve that experience for others. Recognizing that social care is essential for better health outcomes, they embarked on a mission to connect people to the care they need, when they need it, in communities across the country. Unite Us has developed an intuitive and seamless technology solution that goes beyond the traditional referral method. We work side-by-side with local organizations, and track data and outcomes to build coordinated care networks that support all aspects of community health. Unite Us is boldly changing the nation’s care delivery system. If you want to do well and do good, join Unite Us– we can build healthier communities together.
Unite Us seeks an experienced, multi-faceted Lead Data Scientist to be a part of our Data Analytics team. Unite Us brings health care and social services together into a single, integrated network. We believe the network creates value beyond the sum of its parts, and our data science mission is to measure and enhance that impact. The Data Analytics team supports functions across Unite Us including Product, Engineering, Sales, Customer Success and Marketing. Deliverables will be both client-facing and internal, and will range from client reporting, to impact evaluation, to inference, to machine learning tools.
The Lead Data Scientist is a strong team player, as well as an influencer within the company and beyond. This position combines a unique blend of leadership and practical quantitative output. You will combine your thorough understanding of both descriptive and predictive analytics and communicate the value of that work to both internal and external stakeholders. This is the opportunity of a lifetime for a person who loves numbers, has strong business acumen and communication skills, and is a born change-maker.
What You’ll Do:
- Independently develop product roadmap and use excellent communication skills to obtain buy-in from both internal and external stakeholders
- Develop thought-leadership in data science for the social care sector. Translate cutting edge data science tools and methodologies into practical business applications.
- Transform data captured by our health systems partners to power the Unite Us platform by identifying key insights.
- Drive cross-team collaboration (Customer Success, Data Engineering, Sales, Marketing) in the development of novel data products and experiences.
- Grow projects from ideation through implementation with little oversight.
- Manage and mentor a team of data scientists.
- Oversee the technical aspects of experimentation and inference at Unite Us.
- This role provides a unique opportunity to be part of the founding team focused on social data expansion across the country; helping health systems, health plans and CBOs realize their SDOH data strategy.
- At least 8+ years experience with modern programming languages (Python, R, SQL) and tools/ libraries (pandas, scikit-learn, TensorFlow, etc) used in data science.
- At least 5+ years of work experience in Analytics or Data Science, including experience managing teams in growth companies is highly preferred.
- Degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Computer Science, Math, or Data Science preferred
- Experience with healthcare data and analytics is preferred.
- Robust understanding of the statistical foundation of machine learning and experience with experiment design and causal inference.
- Comfort with geospatial analysis techniques.
- Experience independently scaling work from R&D to a production predictive pipeline built on a modern stack.
- Strong communication skills with an ability to adapt communication style across stakeholders, both internal and external, with varying levels of seniority
- A “Get it done” mentality to solve problems, flexibility, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with evolving needs
- A passion for working with data and understanding how it can be turned into products.
Environmental Job Requirements & Working Conditions:
- This position is New York or Remote, U.S.-based, excluding Colorado
- This position requires 10% travel
Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. If you require assistance in applying for open positions due to a disability please email us at email@example.com to request an accommodation.