Who we are:
As our co-founders transitioned from military to civilian life, they encountered barriers and inefficiencies navigating the most basic health and social services. Together, they set out to improve that experience for others. Recognizing that social care is essential for better health outcomes, they embarked on a mission to connect people to the care they need, when they need it, in communities across the country. Unite Us has developed an intuitive and seamless technology solution that goes beyond the traditional referral method. We work side-by-side with local organizations, and track data and outcomes to build coordinated care networks that support all aspects of community health. Unite Us is boldly changing the nation’s care delivery system. If you want to do well and do good, join Unite Us– we can build healthier communities together.
Unite US is seeking a self-driven, experienced Manager of Software Engineer for our Core Platform. As a leader in the Technology team, you will be an important contributor in pushing forward the implementation of the company vision into a releasable and valuable product. You will help ensure that the team’s technical direction is properly aligned with the department and company’s architectural direction. In order to accomplish these tasks, you will need to cultivate a dynamic, ever-learning team culture that seeks to create value for customers in a continuous manner. This role offers an opportunity to have a significant impact on the future of healthcare.
What You'll Do:
- Leads or significantly contributes to medium-to-large feature releases
- Anticipates future use cases and makes design decisions that minimize the cost of future changes
- Evaluates and creates new product features based on customer needs in collaboration with the product team
- Simplifies product and technical design through collaborative conversations
- Models calm assessment of situation
- Reframes or restructures problems in a different way, when necessary, to solve them
- Fosters an environment that embraces change, innovation, and continuous improvement
- Sets clear, measurable goals for self and team based on team goals
- Defines communication norms and standards, and sets example for team
- Guides and mentors team's development and provides opportunities to help others reach their full potential
- Creates a culture of trust, empathy, and compassion and keeps communication channels open with their team
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience in delivering high-quality software solutions.
- 2+ years of direct management experience with product-focused engineering teams.
- Experience with React
- Expertise in people leadership, technical, operational change management.
- Significant Agile experience.
- Focus on technical simplicity.
- Deeply versed in modern web technologies.
- Experience with and commitment to automated CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructure.
- Open, communicative and like working in small teams.
- Fluent in speaking and writing English.
- Passion for high quality.
- Experience with designing applications for the cloud, extra points for Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience building RESTful APIs.
- Active Contributor to Open Source projects.
Environmental Job Requirements & Working Conditions:
- This position is Remote (US Based)
Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. If you require assistance in applying for open positions due to a disability please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.