Who we are:
As our co-founders transitioned from military to civilian life, they encountered barriers and inefficiencies navigating the most basic health and social services. Together, they set out to improve that experience for others. Recognizing that social care is essential for better health outcomes, they embarked on a mission to connect people to the care they need, when they need it, in communities across the country. Unite Us has developed an intuitive and seamless technology solution that goes beyond the traditional referral method. We work side-by-side with local organizations, and track data and outcomes to build coordinated care networks that support all aspects of community health. Unite Us is boldly changing the nation’s care delivery system. If you want to do well and do good, join Unite Us– we can build healthier communities together.
Unite Us is looking for a Software Engineer, Test (SET) to build testing solutions that will help ensure the quality of healthcare and social care interoperability as well as health informatics. This engineer will have background testing large-scale products with object-oriented programming, particularly implementing API tests. The ideal candidate would have exposure to FHIR, HL7, OAuth, SAML, and/or SCIM and would know Ruby. However, candidates who lack any or all technical exposure on that list are still encouraged to apply.
Interoperability means building bridges between diverse, complex systems that may have never been linked before. The ideal candidate will be imaginative and driven to ask critical questions about how systems should, could, or do work. The engineer must be able to make sense of written specifications and to probe for what might be missing or incomplete in those specifications. Product intuition is valued, as is the ability to communicate what you learn to others.
The Software Engineer, Test plays an important part in our company’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in engineering test projects that are reliable and fast, supporting an efficient and effective testing cycle. If you have a passion for quality and engineer projects that are a joy to use and maintain, we’d like to meet you.
What You'll Do:
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of quality KPIs, e.g., DRE and quality-of-service uptime
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents for completion and testability
- Define testing strategies and scope for user stories and technical development tasks
- Provide estimates on testing efforts to Product and Engineering team members
- Document meaningful and maintainable test plans
- Engineer solutions to improve efficiency and effectiveness of testing cycles, including full-stack tests, integration tests, and CI
- Contribute to existing test-automation repositories
- Script, run, monitor, and analyze load tests to identify bottlenecks
- Perform regression testing appropriate to application and system changes
- Identify, investigate, report, and track defects
- Deliver high-quality features and infrastructure to production
- Publish release notes to stakeholders
- Continuously learn new tools, technologies, and testing disciplines
- A track record of improving quality
- Expertise in software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Expertise in test design
- Expertise in test automation frameworks, and scripting tests (preferably in ruby)
- Expertise in test-plan documentation and execution
- Experience working in Agile teams, particularly remotely
- API integration test experience. Six or more years of experience are preferred
- Knowledge of cloud SaaS applications using AWS would be very valuable.
- Experience with open standards-based authentication frameworks, OAuth, SMART, SCIM and SAML is a plus
- Experience in healthcare or social care, and ideally using HL7 standards and processes such as Clinical Document Architecture (CDA) and/or Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resource (FHIR) to integrate systems is a plus
Environmental Job Requirements and Working Conditions:
- This position is based in NYC or Remote (US Based)
Unite Us is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics