What is Underdog?
Founded by a team of industry veterans, Underdog was born with the idea that bringing strategic innovation to sports gaming and entertainment is the key to success in an exceptionally competitive market. Underdog has quickly established itself as a leader in the space, and is committed to building the best sports gaming platform in the industry -- and supporting the most passionate community of sports fans while doing it!
At Underdog, we’re not only about creating these awesome products, but also about growing our culture of passion, ownership, and fun! We believe that great companies are made out of great people. Our continual aim is to create an inclusive environment for everyone, at all levels, to achieve their highest potential at work.
As the Director of Fraud and Payments you will be the key stakeholder around every fraud, payments, and wallet across multiple verticals and lead the current and future strategy around everything fraud and payments.
*Please note, Underdog is a US based company and no sponsorship is available for this position at this time.
What You’ll Do:
- Independently determine fraudulent activity and act according to procedures with regards to transaction acceptance, account blocking and further checks.
- Reactively and proactively conduct analysis of transactional and customer records to link unidentified transactions and accounts to known fraudulent activity.
- Investigate suspicious alerts (internal & external) with proper analysis and follow-up; escalate any suspicious behavior or transactions relating to AML procedures.
- Monitor incoming & outgoing transactions.
- Liaise with payment providers, financial institutions, regulatory bodies and internal departments.
- Carefully monitor possible money laundering transactions and communicate suspicions by submitting appropriate Suspicious Activity Reports.
- Perform checks on customers and request the relevant KYC documents in compliance with any regulatory governing body and based on determined customer risk level.
- Suggest improvements to the fraud tool and procedures.
- Process incoming and outgoing customer payments, in a timely and error-free manner.
- Follow up any payment-related issues proactively.
- Perform bank checks and other reconciliation tasks as needed.
- Undertake necessary administration work, including dealing with customer correspondence and record keeping/case management.
- Answer questions about risk, fraud and payments from within the Company.
- Other job duties as assigned
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum five (5) years of previous experience within a similar role.
- Knowledge of fraud prevention, KYC, and AML procedures and processes
- Knowledge and understanding of sports betting and casino space, particularly digital, is preferred
- Familiarity with card brand disputes, responding to patron filed disputes
- Specialization in the detection & prevention of fraud and risk analysis.
- Possess a can-do attitude and be a team player in a dynamic organization.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail
Underdog Sports is firmly committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity. Our unique culture was built on the foundation of a safe and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We highly value the mental, physical, and emotional health of our employees, and are continuously asking ourselves: what can we do better? Underdog is an equal opportunity employer and doesn't discriminate on the basis of creed, race, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability status or any other defining characteristic. Our targeted compensation rate for this position is between $150,000 - $180,000 depending on experience, plus equity. Think your skills are exceptional and warrant higher pay? Apply anyway! If we agree, we’re willing to negotiate. Below you’ll find a few of our perks:
- Unlimited PTO (we're extremely flexible with the exception of the first few weeks before & into the NFL season)
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Company paid Health, Dental, Vision plan option for employees and dependents
- 401k Match & FSA
- Remote, In-Person, or Hybrid Scheduling – we are 100% VIRTUAL FIRST!
- A $500 home office allowance
- $100 in UD credit
- Support for learning and development
- Book club – expense your books!
- Lastly, an extremely transparent, fun, and engaging culture where you will grow both personally and professionally!