Uncommon Goods offers a constantly evolving assortment of original, creative products. We partner with independent makers and small businesses to offer our customers a variety of items that they love to surprise loved ones with (and treat themselves, too)!
We are built on better business practices and committed to having a positive impact on people and the planet. Learn more here.
The best part of Uncommon Goods is us—our team. We've been around for over 22 years because of all the wonderful people who make UG the one-of-a-kind company it is.
Learn more about our products, B Corp certification, guiding principles, Better to Give program, and team members you might be working with. Listen to the story of Uncommon Goods from our Founder and CEO here and here.
EVERYONE IS WELCOME HERE
At Uncommon Goods, we believe we’re all out of the ordinary. That’s why we’re committed to making diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging part of everything we do. In pursuit of that goal, we’ve made significant changes to our business, from how we find our products to how we build and cultivate our team. Our hope is to be everyone’s favorite place to work!
About the Role
We are looking for a Seasonal Production Assistant to join our team. In this role, you will be supporting our Product Development and Drop Ship teams by using templates to create fun and personalized art for our customers. Reliability, organization and attention to detail are essential. The position is entirely remote and will start part-time but will increase to full-time for the holiday season.We are accepting applications from people located in NY.
This is a fully remote role, and you must be a resident of New York State. You will provide your own computer, internet connection, and headset device.
- You can multi-task and meet deadlines independently while working synergistically with other team members.
- You have excellent organizational skills and extreme attention to detail.
- You have a “can-do” attitude with strong problem-solving skills.
- You have a track record for exceeding expectations and are motivated by continuous improvement and learning.
- Modifying art and inputting custom text and images into existing digital art templates based on customer specifications and make revisions based on customer feedback.
- Organize and submit digital files to our customer service team to be applied to products and shipped to customers.
- Execute print and digital specs per specific guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Regularly work and are fluent in Adobe lllustrator and Photoshop.
- Understanding of Google Docs and Dropbox.
- Ability to follow established processes and directions.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Reliability and commitment to weekly work schedule is a MUST.
- This is a 100% remote position. Applicants must be able to work from home in a quiet location with minimal disruptions.
- Applicants are expected to provide their own computer, reliable high-speed internet, a headset, and a desk or table, and a chair to work on.
- Applicants must have video capabilities for meetings, training, and coaching sessions.
This role will begin part time and will increase (up to 40 hours week) during the peak holiday selling season. Candidates must have daytime availability for training (1 day) and flexible hours can be accommodated after onboarding.
- Competiive hourly wage at $23 per hour
- Casual work atmosphere, fun company events. (Thanks to our team's creativity, we've devised ways to feel connected remotely, too, and it's still fun.)
- 40% discount on our products
- Safe working environment. Many of our COVID-19 protocols exceed NYC and NYS safety standards. Those who can are working remotely. In our office and warehouse, COVID-19 testing is required of all new hires and regular testing for all on-site team members; PPE, including masks, is required; and workspaces provide recommended social distancing.
To apply, please submit:
- Cover letter addressed to “Chocolate M&M”, which includes your availability for the rest of the year
- Graphic portfolio and work examples demonstrating your ability to use Photoshop and Illustrator to input and arrange text and images (PDF or online format)
Applications without cover letter, resume, and graphic portfolio will not be considered.