ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently seeking a team of ambitious, detail-oriented, Seasonal Customer Service Email and Chat Representatives (Work from Home) to join our Customer Service Team. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, highly enthusiastic people person that is comfortable articulating themselves via email and live chat. Candidate should have an excellent command of the English language, including grammar and spelling. Candidate should be well-spoken, friendly, fun & focused on great customer service. As a member of the CSR team, you will receive training to become an expert in our customer service values, processes and procedures. This position is fully remote and lasts through the end of December.
You love to write and get your message across efficiently. You are a sucker for good grammar. You are highly motivated and driven.
- Uncommon Goods offers an ever-changing assortment of original, creative gifts. We partner with independent makers and small businesses to offer our customers an assortment of items that they love to surprise loved ones with (and treat themselves, too)!
- We are built on better business practices and committed to having a positive impact on people and the planet. Learn more here.
- The best part of Uncommon Goods is us—our team. We've been around for over 20 years because of all the wonderful people who make UG the one-of-a-kind company it is.
- Act as an advocate for our customers and be empathetic in all customer interactions
- Correspond in well-written, grammatically correct and error free communications via email and live chat.
- Answer questions about our products and services.
- Quickly identify a customer’s problem, report it correctly, and provide customers with reasonable solutions to the problem.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be able to speak and write in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Previous experience in a customer service environment is preferred, but we are willing to train the right candidate.
- Flexibility is needed, as schedules may vary from week to week. We are open 24-hours a day from Thanksgiving until Christmas Eve and we are open every day of the year.
- You must be available to work weekend shifts. Candidates with open availability are strongly preferred.
- This is a 100% remote position. Applicants must be able to work from home in a quiet location with minimal disruptions.
- Applicants are expected to provide their own computer, reliable high-speed internet, a headset, and a desk or table and a chair to work on.
- Applicants must have video capabilities for meetings, training, and coaching sessions.
- We are only accepting applications from people located in New York State.
Please note: You will be required to remotely attend and successfully complete Customer Service training where you will learn the necessary skills for your role and be paid for your time.
If you want to work from home with a team of people who are as passionate as you are about customer service, come join us!
- Competitive hourly rate at $20.50/hr
- No commute. Just walk to your desk.
- Casual work atmosphere, fun company events. (Thanks to our team's creativity, we've devised ways to feel connected remotely, too, and it's still fun.)
- 40% discount on our products.
- Professional development/educational reimbursement.
- Safe working environment. Many of our COVID-19 protocols exceed NYC and NYS safety standards. Those who can are working remotely. In our office and warehouse, COVID-19 testing is required of all new hires and monthly for all team members; PPE, including masks and gloves, is required for all team members; and workspaces provide recommended social distancing.
Sound like a good fit? To apply, you must submit the following:
UncommonGoods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer