ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Seasonal Operations Inventory Associate, you will support UncommonGoods by exceeding productivity goals, and ensuring accuracy and quality of our operation. You will perform a variety of duties in the fulfillment center ranging from putaway, replenishing, and cycle counting inventory. This is a seasonal position.
You thrive in fast-paced environment. You are focused on the customer experience, quality, safety, and productivity to work in a fulfillment center. You are meticulous and deliver high standards in your work. You make the people around you better. You are trustworthy and a team player that is always willing to lend a hand, and help others be successful in their role.
- Uncommon Goods offers an ever-changing assortment of original, creative gifts. We partner with independent makers and small businesses to offer our customers an assortment of items that they love to surprise loved ones with (and treat themselves, too)!
- We are built on better business practices and committed to having a positive impact on people and the planet. Learn more here.
- The best part of Uncommon Goods is us—our team. We've been around for over 20 years because of all the wonderful people who make UG the one-of-a-kind company it is.
- Organizes new inventory arriving; ensures inventory is directed to correct location
- Efficiently and accurately puts away, replenishes, and cycle counts all inventory
- Utilize inventory management systems to scan, process and research merchandise in accordance with our inventory control processes
- Follow all processes while exercising a keen attention to detail
- Ability to perform at a high level when working with others and when working alone
- Achieve set standards for productivity and accuracy
- Be willing to move to multiple working stations based on the operations need
- Handle product in a safe and secure manner
- Ensure that work area is always left clean
- Adhere to Company Safety standards
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Excellent attention to detail
- Logical mathematical reasoning
- Previous warehouse experience preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Lift up to 40 pounds with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Competitive hourly wage at $18/hr
- Casual work atmosphere, fun company events. (Thanks to our team's creativity, we've devised ways to feel connected remotely, too, and it's still fun.)
- 40% discount on our products.
- Professional development/educational reimbursement.
- Safe working environment. Many of our COVID-19 protocols exceed NYC and NYS safety standards. Those who can are working remotely. In our office and warehouse, COVID-19 testing is required of all new hires and monthly for all team members; PPE, including masks and gloves, is required for all team members; and workspaces provide recommended social distancing.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply with your resume. Open availability is required.