Position Title: Director of Acquisitions
Reporting To: Chief Development Officer
Location: Chicago, IL
Company: Superior Insurance Partners
Superior Insurance Partners (“Superior” or the “Company”) is a rapidly growing insurance brokerage platform, focused primarily on providing commercial lines, personal lines, and employee benefit solutions to companies and individuals. Superior acquires and partners with leading independent insurance agencies primarily in the Midwest and Eastern US. The Company’s mission is to improve the lives of its agency partners. Superior does this by creating a highly tailored plan for each of its agency partners to help them achieve their goals, and providing customized resources including accounting/finance, recruiting, HR, AMS/IT, marketing, and M&A support. Agency partners are aligned through long-term economic incentives while leveraging the benefits of best practices, scale, and resources across Superior’s shared platform.
Superior is backed by Tyree & D’Angelo Partners (“TDP”), a leading Chicago-based private equity firm that makes control ownership investments in, and partners with, lower middle market businesses with the goal of creating meaningful value for all involved. TDP is currently investing out of its third fund and has managed and created over $4 billion of company enterprise value. TDP has significant experience investing in service businesses and has completed over 900 investment partnerships in its history.
The Director of Acquisitions will be responsible for managing the entire mergers and acquisitions (“M&A”) process from letter of intent (“LOI”) to close. The Director will also be a key member of the management team, with day-to-day interaction with both the company’s executive management team as well as TDP. This person will join a highly collaborative and motivated team in a dynamic environment with substantial opportunity to create value and contribute to the company’s growth and success. Qualified candidates should demonstrate a strong desire and passion for M&A and deal execution, a history of working with small business owners, and a great goal-oriented attitude.
- Lead the entire deal process from LOI to close
- Conduct in-depth financial and business due diligence to assess potential acquisition opportunities
- Perform deal valuation and propose potential deal structures
- Prepare investment memoranda and financial models and present to the Board of Directors
- Manage post-LOI workstreams including quality of earnings (“QoE”) and legal due diligence
- Negotiate legal documentation including purchase agreements and ancillary legal documents
- 7+ years of experience in M&A, investment banking, private equity, corporate development or other relevant industry experience
- Prior experience working directly with small business owners
- Prior experience at a multi-site acquisition driven organization
- Team player and self-starter
- Advanced in Microsoft Office products
- Bachelor’s degree required
Highly competitive compensation consisting of base salary, annual bonus, and equity package.