Position Title: Director of Business Development
Reporting To: Chief Development Officer
Location: Chicago, IL
Company: Superior Insurance Partners
Superior Insurance Partners (“Superior” or the “Company”) is a rapidly growing insurance brokerage platform, focused primarily on providing commercial lines, personal lines, and employee benefit solutions to companies and individuals. Superior acquires and partners with leading independent insurance agencies primarily in the Midwest and Eastern US. The Company’s mission is to improve the lives of its agency partners. Superior does this by creating a highly tailored plan for each of its agency partners to help them achieve their goals, and providing customized resources including accounting/finance, recruiting, HR, AMS/IT, marketing, and M&A support. Agency partners are aligned through long-term economic incentives while leveraging the benefits of best practices, scale, and resources across Superior’s shared platform.
Superior is backed by Tyree & D’Angelo Partners (“TDP”), a leading Chicago-based private equity firm that makes control ownership investments in, and partners with, lower middle market businesses with the goal of creating meaningful value for all involved. TDP is currently investing out of its third fund and has managed and created over $4 billion of company enterprise value. TDP has significant experience investing in service businesses and has completed over 900 investment partnerships in its history.
The Director of Business Development will be responsible for sourcing, evaluating, and working with the broader team to execute high-quality insurance agency acquisitions. The Director of Business Development will be a key member of the management team, with day-to-day interaction with both the Company’s executive management team as well as TDP. The candidate will join a highly collaborative and motivated team in a dynamic environment with substantial opportunity to create value and contribute to the Company’s growth and success. Qualified candidates should demonstrate a strong desire and passion for business development and M&A, working with small business owners, and a great goal-oriented attitude.
- Responsible for the process of sourcing, evaluating, and executing acquisition opportunities within a dedicated geographic region
- Build and maintain relationships with independent insurance agency owners
- Present and explain deal terms while maintaining a positive working relationship with the business owner
- Collaborate with senior leadership and TDP to set and execute strategy
- Develop and maintain relationships with contacts, customers, and brokers to maintain and expand business
- Wear multiple hats if needed and be a team player in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- 5+ years of experience in business development or M&A
- Prior experience developing relationships and working directly with small business owners
- Prior experience at a multi-site acquisition driven organization
- Team player and self-starter
- Advanced in Microsoft Office products
- Bachelor’s degree required
Highly competitive compensation consisting of base salary, an annual performance bonus, and equity package.