From the hiring manager:
This is Jairaj - the hiring manager for this role. There are 3 questions I ask myself when considering new career opportunities:
- What am I going to do and where is this going to take me in my career?
- Who am I going to work for? What's he/she like? Is he/she going to make sure I have an amazing experience @ the company?
- Is this company for real?
I believe it would be more insightful for you if I answered these questions and then tell you a little bit about who I want in this role.
1) This is an opportunity for someone to paint on a new canvas. Twilio's business is built around scaling and monetizing API based business models. If you believe that there is an opportunity to develop the gold standard for how sales operates in a pay-as-you-go model, that in a nutshell is what you will be part of. This role will prepare you for being a leader in any operating capacity (whether in sales operations, business operations, finance, etc). At a meta level this role is three things:
- Establish and maintain a core set of business metrics for sales performance
- Be the keeper of the sales forecast and work with our sales leaders to drive an operational cadence around forecasting
- Provide insights to drive key business decisions
2) You will work closely with me, with our sales leaders and our COO. My style is to get in the details during planning and provide ample flexibility for you during execution. If you love an environment where we jointly brainstorm the best ways to achieve our goals, jointly set expectations and then you are off to the races to drive impact with minimal 'over the shoulder' supervision, then you will love working for me. I view my role as one where I amplify the success of the team, am generous with praise and take accountability for missteps or decisions gone wrong. You will find me committed to your professional success and growth. I have had the fortune of learning from amazing leaders in my prior and current roles and aspire to be one myself. I need you to take pride in your work, drive high quality outputs and be highly accountable.
3) These are my opinions only: this is a growth company with a large addressable market opportunity. It is a company that has done amazing things in the past and one that I strongly feel has its best days ahead of it. This is a company that provides value to its customers and is dedicated to delighting its customers. It's one whose founders and leaders believe in certain core values and one where they expect every employee to be a leader.
- Develop and maintain a core set of KPIs that help us gauge the health of sales
- Lead structured analysis of business performance to inform ongoing operations and key strategic initiatives
- Draw insight from key performance metrics, make recommendations, and drive improvement actions
- Collaborate with our sales leaders to be the owner of the sales forecast and key pipeline analysis
- Lead high priority initiatives including strategic planning, sales and marketing joint planning, territory optimization, KPI design
- Partner with the rest of sales operations to drive core operational processes
- Support senior sales executives in developing / delivering key presentations and meetings for the executive team and board
- Build effective relationships with colleagues and senior executives from sales, sales operations, finance, marketing and product organizations
- 8-10 years of work experience (at least 2-3 as people manager); background in consulting, finance or similar sales strategy and operations roles required
- Demonstrated ability to structure complex issues and develop solutions
- Superior analytical and financial modeling skills, with demonstrated ability to succinctly interpret data and convert ideas to action.
- Excellent communication (written/verbal), presentation, and facilitation skills including experience with senior management
- Works effectively within business models requiring new perspectives and creative approaches
- Desire to succeed in a demanding, innovative, and entrepreneurial environment
- MBA desired, Bachelor’s Degree in related field required
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST