As part of Twilio's emerging Expert Services Team you will have the unique opportunity to help build a practice, learn new technologies, and most importantly help customers as they create their embedded communications solutions. As a Twilio Expert Services Architect, you will engage with a diverse range of customers to ensure the quality of their implementation accelerating their time to value and reducing their project risk.
About the job:
As an Architect you will use technical workshops, reviews, tools, and onsite consultation to ensure that the Twilio solution achieves the expected levels of performance, scalability, and optimized functionality. You will create presentations, architecture blueprints, white papers, and code fragments that illustrate the ideal application of the Twilio cloud communications platform to the customer's use case. You will be able to present your findings to a technical audience of architects, stakeholders, and engineers clearly stating the benefits of different approaches using case studies, best practices, and your own experience. Our team is growing and our initial engagements will be small, with usually not more than 3-5 days onsite with a customer.
- Work with customers on structured engagements.
- Understand the customer marketplace.
- Understand the customer requirements both business and technical.
- Design architectures as they relate to integrating the Twilio cloud communications platform with the customer systems.
- Design novel and unique solutions to customer problems.
- Develop customer and internal facing reusable assets such as reference architectures, presentations, code snippets, and whitepapers.
- Keep track of your time spent on each project.
- Help us refine our processes and sales methodology as we grow.
- Expertise in a common scripting language like Python/Perl etc.
- Expertise in an enterprise grade programming language like C#/JAVA etc.
- Deep understanding of scalable, enterprise software architectures.
- Understanding of web architectures.
- Knowledge of VoIP telephony.
- Willingness to work face-to-face with customers.
- Work effectively with little supervision.
- Up to 50% travel.
- 5+ years experience in customer facing sales or engineering role.
- Consulting experience.
- Previous work with Twilio.
- Previous experience working with enterprise organizations.
- College Degree in Computer Science or Engineering is preferred.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST