Twilio is seeking a true “operator” to join the team that runs Twilio’s phone number operations. Our primary responsibilities include: managing our worldwide phone number inventory and porting (transferring) phone numbers from other carriers to Twilio's platform. We are looking for a tech- and process-savvy person who loves to build seamless operations that benefit our customers.
About the job:
- You will apply the principles of operational excellence (Lean) to optimize Twilio’s business processes, while improving quality, customer satisfaction, and productivity.
- You will serve customers every day to deliver an outstanding experience.
- You will run basic SQL queries and analyze data to ensure the integrity of our phone number systems.
- You will collaborate with software engineers to design the tools necessary to further automate and streamline our processes.
- You will troubleshoot and address technical issues that affect our operations.
- Your will take on process improvement projects to streamline our operations by reducing waste, variability, and inflexibility.
- You will work with the sales team to quickly and accurately answer customer questions.
- You will “roll up your sleeves” to directly meet the needs of Twilio’s customers and understand our operations from the ground up.
- You will contribute to Twilio’s highly collaborative and team-driven culture. You will be a member of a passionate, smart team that works together to ensure customer success and build out efficient processes and systems.
- This role will be primarily focused on our Phone Number operations, consisting of both inventory and porting.
- Ensure that our supply of phone numbers meets demand without incurring undue inventory carrying costs.
- Optimize Twilio’s processes for ordering and taking delivery of new phone numbers.
- Reconcile our inventory records and troubleshoot any discrepancies.
- Troubleshoot technical problems with the configuration of phone numbers.
- Handle complex requests from our customers to port their existing telephone numbers from their current carriers to the Twilio platform.
- Create new processes to port numbers in additional countries around the world as Twilio’s business expands.
- You're a process-savvy “people” person who learns fast and thinks on your feet. Your colleagues believe in your commitment to continuous operational improvements.
- You have experience working with technology, including operating and configuring software tools.
- You have a solid understanding of SQL queries and how to work with data.
- You love learning new technology and how to configure and operate various systems and software tools.
- You love working with customers, listening to them and solving problems.
- You're thorough, organized, and process-oriented to the extreme. You’re an expert at prioritizing and executing multiple projects simultaneously.
- You quickly learn and master every aspect of complicated processes.
- You have experience working on high-end products and services, and you know how to reduce the stress of customers regarding their high-dollar, business-critical investments.
- Your modus operandi is making metrics-driven decisions.
- You have a bachelor’s degree.
- You have 2-5+ years of experience in operations.
- Strong computer science and/or data management background.
- MBA, MS in a relevant field, or other similar advanced degree.
- Telecom experience.
- Data analytics.
- Basic understanding of and comfort with software development, including programming experience.
- Exposure to SaaS/Cloud offerings.
- Fluent in additional Asian or European languages
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST