About the job:
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer with a passion for building systems and tools to increase the development velocity and quality of Product Engineers at Twilio.
As a member of the Productivity Engineering team you will design, build, evolve and operate tools, frameworks and infrastructure to increase the productivity of developers. Our solutions codify software evolution best practices and minimize cognitive load for developers.
The domain spans from the developer desktop, CI/CD systems, build and artifact management systems, and test frameworks.
If you have proven software engineering skills, a passion for building productivity tooling and are an expert in at least one productivity system: build frameworks, CI/CD systems, artifact management systems, or containerized development environments - you are an ideal candidate for the team.
- Design, build and operate developer productivity tooling from command line tools, build frameworks, test frameworks, continuous delivery systems.
- Provide guidance to development teams on leveraging our tooling for continuous integration, build, test and deploy
- Develop metrics on infrastructure robustness and availability, capacity planning for our systems - public cloud (AWS VMs).
- Collaborate with your peers to define the engineering roadmap, and provide your input to prioritize projects.
- BS degree in Computer Science, related degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience with Continuous integration Infrastructure
- 5+ years experience with Python programming
- 5+ years experience with scripting languages (e.g. bash, python).
- Expert with at least one of the following solutions: build frameworks (mvn, gradle etc), CI/CD Systems (Bamboo, Jenkins), Artifact repositories (yum, nexus, pypi, artifactory), containers.
- Experience with OOP (e.g. Java), and infrastructure design / coding skills
- Experience with Amazon EC2 or similar elastic computing facilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experienced Java developer
- Experience with source code management solutions
- Experience with configuration management solutions (cf-engine, chef, puppet etc)
- Experience with variety of testing strategies and frameworks to implement those strategies.
- Experience with Artifact management solutions: artifactory, nexus etc.
- Experience with java and/or python build, packaging and testing solutions.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.