Twilio is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join our FP&A team in San Francisco to be a strategic partner with our global Sales & Marketing organization. This role will be highly visible, helping guide the investments fueling Twilio's go-to-market strategy. You'll primarily partner with Sales & Marketing leadership, and be responsible for reporting, forecasting, and analyzing all aspects of departmental operating expenses and its impact on revenue. You will also partner with the C-level departmental budget owners to help them manage their hiring and program spend investments. Additionally, you’ll collaborate with the rest of the FP&A team on crafting the consolidated P&L, recommending high ROI activities, linking high value spend to customer acquisition & expansion, process improvements, generating budget vs actual analysis, and completing other ad hoc projects.
We are seeking an individual who would be excited to bring her/his strong financial and analytical skills to a collaborative team-based working environment. We are looking for someone who is highly organized, has a track record of forming solid working relationships across the business, and can prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Partner with Twilio’s Sales & Marketing leadership team and be their liaison with Finance.
- Create and drive Sales & Marketing ROI metrics and analyses to measure the trending and performance of our Sales & Marketing programs, such as Cost of Sales, Cost of Customer Acquisition, LTV analysis, Growth Efficiency and Payback, Marketing Program Efficiency, and Sales Efficiency & Productivity metrics
- Drive analyses to link high value program spend to customer acquisition, customer revenue ramp & expansion
- Own and manage the monthly and quarterly budget versus actual variance analyses for the Sales & Marketing departments, including generating variance commentary.
- Own headcount and expense tracking for internal management and Board reporting. Be the universal source of truth for all expense tracking & reporting for Sales & Marketing.
- Collaborate with accounting on month-end and quarter-end close for accruals and explanations of variances to plan.
- Maintain ongoing rolling monthly forecasts, incorporating changes to the business strategy to be reflected in the operating expenses
- Escalate cross-departmental budget trade-off opportunities to the executive team and provide advance communication and notice of variances to plan.
- Be an integral part in the Sales & Marketing annual planning process, partnering closely with departmental leadership to understand investment needs.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7+ years of progressive financial experience in a professional organization.
- Experience working in a SaaS company or other recurring revenue model preferred. Knowledge of funnel management and associated marketing program spend a bonus.
- Experience working in high-growth company or division, working closely with cross-functional teams and operating managers. Working within the FP&A team supporting the Sales & Marketing functions strongly preferred.
- Experience producing accurate, board-level reporting and operating in an environment with rigorous forecast and variance reporting accountability.
- Track record of prioritizing and managing multiple projects and priorities with tight deadlines.
- Advanced Excel skills, Keynote skills a bonus. Experience with NetSuite and Adaptive Planning, or other similar accounting, planning and business intelligence tools strongly preferred.
- Can translate financial analysis into well communicated actionable items for operational improvement.
- Self starter, initiator, willing to try different approaches.
- Strong analytical skills with an eye for detail.
- Curious and informed. Stays on top of the latest in finance and industry news.
- History of developing relationships outside of finance department.
- Customer focused. Always thinks first about the needs of his/her internal customers.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST