- Twilio is virtualizing the entire telecommunications infrastructure stack into a set of streamlined cloud APIs, introducing agility, global reach and cost savings of flexible, multi-tenant cloud software to the traditionally expensive and slow moving field of telecommunications.
- Our customers are the innovators you recognize and respect, from start-ups like Uber, Box and Airbnb, to the agile enterprises including Coca-Cola, the Home Depot, Alaska Airlines, Walmart and more.
About the job:
- We're seeking engineers to join Twilio's Support team and build software to help our support engineers succeed and help our customers succeed.
- This role is focused on building internal tools for the Support team and external tools for our customers through integrations with internal and external services.
- Successful candidates will have experience working on critical infrastructure and a desire to drive a product forward.
- Partner with senior engineers to define, architect, and build new internal and external facing services.
- Tackle some of the most challenging problems in distributed computing, real time communications, HTTP, and data persistence.
- Help own your team’s production infrastructure end-to-end.
- Write quality, maintainable code with extensive test coverage in a fast-paced professional software engineering environment.
- Experience in Java, Scala or Python.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years in industry as a developer working with mission critical systems.
- Experience with traditional RDBMS databases, such as MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, etc.
- Solid foundation in algorithms, data structures, and OO design.
- Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Creative. You are a DOer.
- You have a background in SOA or distributed systems design.
- You have built a mobile app.
- You have been an intern at a tech company or tech startup.
- You have built a REST API.
- You build your infrastructure on AWS.
- You are excited about learning new technologies.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST