See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Senior Account Executive, Contact Center Specialist
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is looking for a Contact Center Specialist/Domain Expert with experience supporting large enterprise contact center sales and deployments as a subject matter expert. This is an overlay sales specialist role with responsibility for supporting the execution of Go to Market strategies and playbooks, supporting prospecting/discovery efforts, establishing and supporting relationships with call center leadership, and serving as the trusted subject matter expert. The candidate should have experience operating at various levels of an organization and with different constituencies (CS, IT, Marketing, Digital Engagement, C-Suite). The ideal candidate will have a more technical/operational background, but have a deep understanding of the contact center sales process. In this role, the candidate will be responsible for evangelizing the Twilio contact center vision...a new model of procuring, building, and operating contact center technologies to drive improved agent and customer experiences. Equally important, this candidate is expected to work closely with cross-functional teams at Twilio and earn the trust of his/her peers through the consistent delivery of sales results. The ideal candidate is expected to be wildly customer obsessed and expected to provide real example of walking in the customer’s shoes. This individual will be expected to lead without authority and have a strong bias for action. Is this you? Let’s talk
In this role, you’ll:
- Support opportunities through all phases of the pipeline, progressing deals through the sales cycle towards closing business.
- This is a quota carrying role and we want candidates with a history of meeting or exceeding quotas
- Work with Marketing and Demand Gen teams as subject matter expert to validate/modify sales motions
- You have a track record of personally selling and supporting complex technical solutions to enterprises and software companies in excess of $100k.
- You understand the cloud computing/communications business model and enjoy selling to a technical audience and building mutual trust.
- You embrace a solution-oriented approach to selling, ensuring your customers receive value from the products they buy from you.
- Ethical. Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Creative.
- You know how to take ownership, operate autonomously, and have a strong bias for action
- World-class interpersonal and communication skills. You have the ability to effortlessly make complex contractual, technical, and financial details sounds simple.
- The ability to listen first and add value in every conversation.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and manage multiple projects/deals at the same time.
- Ideally, you have prior experience successfully operating in an overlay sales model and can drive cross functional teams to support your sales efforts.
- Previous experience in the cloud or enterprise software space.
- BA/BS from a competitive school and/or an MBA - Not a requirement...experience and results matter!
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
We are looking for proven contact center domain experts with sales experience looking to grow their career in the fast-growing cloud market.
- The ideal candidate has at least 8+ years of experience as a pre-sales Mid-Market and or Enterprise Call Centers resource either as a quota carrying rep, Sales Engineer, or Professional Services consultant. A deep understanding of the contact center sales motion, constituents, and a proven track record of success is required.
- We have a full lead pipeline driven by our self-service product and a sales development team creating highly qualified leads for the sales team. You will be responsible for supporting Account Executives as opportunities progress through the sales funnel.
- You'll be working with global 2,000 and large to medium sized customers across all verticals to understand their business and technical requirements, understand the capabilities of Twilio’s communications API platform so that together you can design a next generation solution for their specific use case needs while adopting Twilio's cloud communication services.
- Our customers are VP of Customer Experience, Care and Service, VP of Omni-channel and Digital Strategy, Product Managers, Application owners, VP’s of Innovation. You must be capable of communicating at all levels of the customer organization to developers, managers, and executives of any organization.
This role will be based in our Sydney office.
Approximately 30% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.