The Who, What, Where and Why
Because you belong at Twilio
Twilio is looking for a Leader to run one of our MM Segment sales organizations. The candidate will be responsible for leading a team of Segment Specialists that will drive opportunities through the entire sales cycle from discovery to closure, employing a solution-oriented sales methodology with a focus on use cases spanning customer data and marketing activation.
The right person for this role is a go-getter, who wants to develop and identify new revenue opportunities across Mid-Market accounts with experience and a passion for new logo acquisition and experience in driving scaled motions around customer expansion. Responsibilities will span managing AEs who will drive the sales process from internal leads as well as prospecting new business prospects and managing these deals to close. Additional responsibilities will include the execution of GTM strategies in the region in close collaboration with the VP, Sales and respective marketing and sales engineering teams.
You’re a great fit if you…
- Have 8+ years of quota carrying sales experience and 5+ years of direct sales leadership experience, selling to primarily to MM & Enterprise accounts
- Maintain a proven record of consistently exceeding quotas
- Are strategic enough to build a team, but tactical enough to execute on a day-to-day basis
- Are proficient in modern sales processes/methodologies
- You have proven experience in hiring, training, and retaining high performing AEs across MM and Enterprise roles
- Are passionate about the marketing technology & data landscape
- Have excellent presence and proven ability to influence at all levels
- Possess strong analytical skill with a deep understanding of forecasting & managing through data
At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale.
Continuing to build out and grow our Mid-Market business is a strategic component to our go-to-market strategy. We bring incredible value to growth, mid-market and enterprise companies, and thrive on finding new use cases to optimize their customer engagement. With no vertical restraints, the sky's the limit to what we can accomplish.
What you’ll do:
- Help develop and execute strategy for massive growth of our sales team
- Recruit, develop and enable a team of account executives
- Oversee and ensure successful execution of high velocity and strategic sales cycles
- Engage at the executive level with a range of companies from venture backed high growth technology companies to strategic MM & Enterprise companies looking to modernize their marketing and analytics tech stacks
- Motivate individuals and team to exceed targets through coaching and mentorship
- Accurately forecast the business
- Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals
- Cultivate sales through a specialist design framework aligned with the Twilio generalist organization
This role will be remote and based in the USA.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. The Global Sales team plays an integral role in building out our customer base and bringing Twilio to developers, non-profits, and enterprise to make an impact on their services. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience.
We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the
world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $136,600 - $187,837.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.