See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Sr. Manager, GTM Analytics!
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to build, lead and develop a team of data analysts that drive analytical and strategic efforts across GTM.
Twilio GTM Analytics team is driving innovation across several data and analytics initiatives to support the sales organization. The team is responsible for the foundation of a scalable analytics platform that delivers accurate and reliable insights to run the business. An ideal candidate will bring excellent strategic thinking, successful implementation of data analytics programs, a passion for people management, and demonstrated ability to build and scale a team for the opportunities ahead.
In this role, you’ll:
- Be responsible for managing a diverse team of data analysts, set a high bar and level up the team’s technical capabilities and business awareness.
- Influence cross-functional leaders across the organization by communicating key insights and recommendations. You will have to persuade stakeholders with differing levels of analytical proficiency.
- Be hands on for overall reporting and analytics development cycle, driving standard methodologies and ensuring development of high-quality code
- Steer the architecting efforts on our analytics and data visualizations to build a highly performant, scalable and reliable system.
- Use historical sales performance to create benchmarks and goals that the GTM team can align to.
- Demonstrate an ability to improvise and adapt quickly, while ruthlessly prioritizing.
- Promote a learning culture and identify skill gaps
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- A minimum of 8 years of experience.
- A minimum of 6 years of hands-on experience analyzing and interpreting data, drawing conclusions, defining recommended actions, and reporting results across stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to build, develop and manage an impactful team to deliver business impact with track record, particularly in a cross-functional and multi-stakeholder environments
- Expert in querying and manipulating raw datasets for analysis using SQL queries and building dashboards using the latest reporting solutions
- Experienced problem solving including structuring of ambiguous problems, analyses and synthesis into meaningful recommendations.
- Identify and champion data quality, standards compliance, workflow automation, and process improvement initiatives
- Strong communication skills – ability to synthesize conclusions for non-experts and desire to influence business direction
- Ability to influence and build effective working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Experience working with Salesforce
- Knowledge of python and advanced statistical techniques
This role will be remotely based in the United States.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
(Location dependent information)
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $160,080.00 - $200,000.00.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.