See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Manager or Senior Manager, Sales Compensation Systems!
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Reporting to the Director of Incentive Compensation Infrastructure and Insights, the Sales Operations team is looking to hire a leader to lead the configuration, implementation, maintenance, training, and standard methodologies for the Incentive Compensation Management (ICM) program.
You will drive outstanding enterprise compensation capabilities and administration through utilization of the Sales Performance Management (SPM) platform.
In this role, you’ll:
- Own the ICM Configuration, Programming, Training and development including formulas, rate tables, long -term plan configuration and processes for importing data as well as explore how to integrate with other systems (i.e. – Salesforce.com)
- Train and mentor a team of Analysts on how to use ICM
- Assess, design and autonomously implement new features or modules not currently used in SPM while maintaining SOX (i.e. Quota, Territory, Insights, Analytics, Connect, Sandbox/Modeling etc.)
- Enable ongoing effective value-based UAT (user acceptance testing), including assisting with making determinations of impact due to plan design changes relative to current processes and data availability
- Configure ICM Analytics to provide validation and reports for BU payroll file submissions and ranking reports, as well as forecasting
- Support Sales Compensation Administration team’s processing of monthly, quarterly, and annual timely commissions and incentives in Xactly Incent for a distributed team of Sales and Customer Success representatives
- Implement SOX policies to support a robust finance organization
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- At least 5 years in sales incentive system design, roadmap definition, development backlog ownership, architecture, implementation, and deployment
- Excel skills (including pivot tables, VLOOKUP, data modeling, etc.)
- Experience in career development and performance management of teams, exhibiting excellence in expansive leadership
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com, Workday and Heroku data and integrations, as well as familiarity with basic finance & accounting and the software development lifecycle.
- Experience with identifying, prioritizing, and implementing process improvement opportunities (new processes/systems), and working in a cross-functional environment to roll out changes
- 7 years working in the design and ongoing management of incentive tools such as Xactly (preferred), Callidus Cloud, or similar
- Proficiency with SQL
- Experience in effective management of distributed teams
This role will be remotely based in the United States.
Approximately 10% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
(Location dependent information)
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $120,160.00 - $165,400.00.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.