Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Technical Account Manager to be the designated technical support engineering contact for our strategic customers. As a designated technical contact you will work with our customers to resolve complex technical problems with potentially very costly and far-reaching consequences.
You should have an interest in digging deep as well as be able to zoom out and look at the larger picture. The TAM delivers proactive guidance to the customer to provide added value through the use of Twilio technologies and deliver recommendations to make the customer’s environment less susceptible to business impacting downtime. You are able to remain calm and effective at higher workloads as well as excelling at prioritization and evaluation of situational vitality.
Twilio is looking for a TAM who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of technical support experience. Ideally, they also have:
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Good knowledge of RESTful technology, previous work with APIs and ability to understand and solve issues with cloud solutions.
- Skilled in solving network connectivity issues, with an understanding of TCP/UDP, and basics of SSL/TLS
- WebRTC experience is a huge plus
- Comfortable in working with customers’ developers to troubleshoot use of the Twilio helper libraries.
- Enthusiasm for interacting and collaborating with other groups within Twilio in your search for the solutions our customers need.
- Proficiency in at least one of the mentioned languages - Spanish, Italian, German or French
As a Technical Account Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Use your technical and diplomatic skills to address customer issues and provide customer feedback to Twilio’s Product and Engineering teams.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS’ SHOES: Work with our customers' and partners' developers, architects, and support personnel to resolve complex problems with potentially very costly and far-reaching consequences.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Collaborate with your teammates and the Twilio Product and Engineering teams via Slack as well as filing JIRAs to report reproducible bugs.
- DRAW THE OWL: Understand customer trends, analyze patterns, drive betterments and report what you observe to the management team in order to better improve our support process.
The Customer Support Organization is central to Twilio's continued growth. We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with both our products and our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, and your role is critical in ensuring the success here.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to taking on hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This role will be based in one of these locations: Warsaw, Poland or Prague, Czech Republic
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.