See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Principal PR Manager.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
The Twilio story is best told through the amazing work of our community - the builders throughout the Twilio ecosystem. This role will be responsible for leading our Customer & Partner PR program as well as supporting broader Corporate PR programs across Twilio. This role will be a close partnership across several cross-functional teams including Customer and Industry Marketing as well as other communications, marketing and business teams to develop and amplify narratives that spotlight the innovative ways that brands are building the future of customer engagement. This team will work on Twilio’s Global Communications Team and partner closely with our go to market peers as well as executive leadership.
In this role, you’ll:
- Partner with customers, partners and peer marketing and sales leaders to drive strategy for Twilio’s customer and partner and PR programs
- Drive strategic direction and execution for your programs and ensure those programs serve our broader comms and corporate goals
- Serve as the main communications liaison to customer, partner and industry marketing to highlight our best customer stories for use in press releases, media opportunities, speaking spots, SIGNAL and more
- Lead customer, partner and other strategic media relations efforts that tell creative and customer-first stories to media
- Partner directly with executives and subject matter experts - on messaging, media training and understanding their strategic objectives and how PR can support
- Play a central role managing PR agencies
- Provide guidance and training to more junior team members (no immediate direct reports but opportunity to grow a team in the future)
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC) applicants who meet the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Excellent writing, stoytelling and media relations expertise
- Experience working cross-functionality with partners outside of PR/Communications
- Experience managing executive-facing programs and interacting with leadership directly with little oversight
- Self-starter, ability to work autonomously and build and manage multiple programs from the ground up
- Ability to distill complicated technical narratives into compelling media stories across top tier business, technology and trade media
- Proactivity and attention to detail across several workstreams, teams, customers and partners
- Culture multiplier who enjoys collaborative and fast paced teams yet can work autonomously towards a common goal
- 8-10+ years experience, mix of agency and corporate
- Experience building and managing several PR programs with little oversight
- Experience with storytelling and media relations especially for B2B technology companies
- Experience with customer and partner storytelling at a B2B technology company a plus
- Experience working in one of Twilio’s key industries - Retail, FinServe or Healthcare a plus
This role will be remote, and based in the USA.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $132,320 - $165,400.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.