See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Training Specialist, Instructional Designer.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic, growing training and enablement team that is responsible for onboarding and upskilling new Twilions in Customer Support on topics such as Twilio’s products, support processes and tools, and soft skills. You will work with a team of instructional designers as well as stakeholders within support to assess organizational needs and to design, develop, and deliver training materials to Twilions in the Support organization.
In this role, you’ll: design, create, and deliver engaging learning content (e.g. job aids, e-learnings, micro-learning video content, learning plans, and learner communications). Specific examples include:
- Create and maintain e-Learning and microlearning content with a variety of authoring tools (e.g. Articulate 360, Camtasia, SnagIt).
- Develop Instructor-led training - e.g. Google Slide presentations, providing feedback and an expert learning opinion on content, and facilitating sessions as needed.
- Develop additional content as required - e.g. course outlines, training aids, assessments, and facilitator guides.
- Support the development of processes for training content pipeline, including intake, validation, review, launch, etc.
- Manage the learning development process, including stakeholder request management, needs analysis, development, delivery, evaluation, and revision.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 3+ years of experience in instructional design and training facilitation
- Experience building engaging and impactful learning content - from analysis to evaluation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity, a deep growth mindset, and the desire to constantly improve
- High degree of fluency in GSuite, including: Slides, Docs, Sheets, and Forms.
- Learning and development, information technology, or related education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Remote, and based in the US.
Approximately less than 10% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
(Location dependent information)
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $82,080 - $112,860
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.