See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Frontend Architect.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed for a seasoned architect/principal engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and with deep experience with distributed systems and frontend engineering principles to the table. You are passionate about operational excellence and know how to build software that delivers it. You are able to think at scale, define, and meet stringent availability and performance SLAs while ensuring quality and resiliency challenges across our diverse product and tech stacks are addressed.
You can provide a vision for how fullstack teams can deliver solutions independently from each other. Working together with tech leads and backend architects to achieve maximum developer experience and customer satisfaction.
In this role, you’ll:
- Engage with Flex and other Twilio teams to provide a vision for a frontend platform where multiple teams and customers contributes to
- Enable a cohesive plane of glass for our customers to support their unique user experience
- Work closely with Product to generate a roadmap for how Flex is accessed and experienced by our customers
- Work closely with Engineering teams to ensure that solutions are compliant, reliable, scalable and loved by our customers
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in designing Frontend platforms
- Are an API first developer who understands the power of platforms
- Expert knowledge of Typescript
- Expert knowledge of React
- Deep knowledge of React component libraries
- Have an understanding creating and maintaining npm libraries
- Ability to take UX mocks and understand how to build that for the front-end and communicate that complexity to API teams
- Can successfully lead teams through very challenging engineering problems
- Excellent communicator and consensus builder
- Have demonstrated the ability to design complex systems in an iterative and evolutionary manner
- Have the ability to balance long-term objectives with urgent short-term needs
- Partner with Product to define tangible product objectives and work with engineering on how best to achieve them
- Applicable experience in Fullstack development
- Understanding about Frontend Backend transport technologies
- Experience with OpenAPI
This role will be remote or located on the US East Coast or EMEA
Approximately 5% travel is expected
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.