See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Senior Director, Pricing Strategy & Monetization
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to lead the development and implementation of the pricing and packaging strategy for Twilio’s growing suite of products and revenue growth. Reporting to the Vice President of Pricing Strategy and Monetization, this position is critical in supporting Twilio’s Product GMs and Sales leaders to transform Twilio’s product strategy and deliver customer-friendly, innovative pricing solutions to market. Pricing and packaging is an integral lever to accelerate Twilio’s revenue growth. It touches nearly every part of our business and is a critical part of our customer experience.
In this role, you’ll:
- Lead all aspects of pricing strategy, develop insights and recommendations through customer segmentation, price discovery, testing, experimentation and ROI analysis. Build and lead an exceptional team to drive pricing excellence across Twilio.
- Identify and qualify new packaging, segmentation and bundling opportunities to simplify sales motion and increase product penetration
- Interact and collaborate extensively across all functional teams within Twilio and have significant exposure to our executive leadership.
- Understand and cultivate customer purchasing perceptions and behaviors, monitor key customer metrics and market intelligence to derive insights and identify opportunities for evolving pricing
- Analyze competitive marketplace and define, launch and drive operational initiatives around monetization and pricing strategy.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 15+ years of quantitative pricing experience
- Proven experience in building pricing systems, tools and processes
- Strong analytical skills - expert in statistical analysis & financial modeling
- Strong leader with proven ability to motivate, mentor and lead teams
- Excellent team leadership and interpersonal skills, ability to persuade, communicate vision and motivate people at every level, cooperative working style
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven experience in enterprise software, or infrastructure-as-a-service products and businesses
- Prior experience developing pricing and packaging for technical, business, and marketing buyers
- Demonstrated project experience in delivering successful end-to-end pricing initiatives
This role will be remotely based in the United States
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $193,760.00 - 242,200.00
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.