About the job
This position is needed to deliver the technical win and product fit for Twilio’s Flex Contact Center platform at customer accounts. Contact Center Solutions Engineers build customer trust in Twilio solutions, resulting in customer success. The Solutions Engineer leads the technical pre-sales relationship, proposes technical architectures, demonstrates the product, anticipates concerns, and provides creative solutions.
The Twilio Contact Center Solutions Engineer is both highly technical and a skilled relationship builder. They are comfortable showing an engaging communications experience to a CEO or sketching out a flow on a whiteboard with technical decision makers.
In this role, you’ll:
- Work alongside Twilio Flex Account Executives through the pre-sales process, to strategize and plan for deal success
- Build and present product demos to help showcase the capabilities of Twilio Flex
- Assist customers with Pilot and Proof-of-Concept implementations
- Quickly learn new products and new technologies
- Form a deep understanding of a customers business and help solve problems they’ve identified as well as uncover areas of opportunity
- Build trusted advisor relationships with customers and present creative new solutions that enable and inspire innovation
- Support and assist with customer hackathons
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
Twilio is looking for a Contact Center Solutions Engineer with a strong desire to work in a technical pre-sales role. You will need:
- Previous experience working in the Contact Center and Telecom space
- At least 3-5 years in a Pre-sales role or commensurate experience
- Understanding of (and optimally) experience building with REST APIs.
- Sound understanding of voice protocols
- Ability to understand, read, and modify existing code in several of the following languages (Java, C#, Node.js, Python, PHP, etc)
- Hands-on, high-energy, passionate and creative problem solver with know-how to get things done and ability to lead others to success
- Excellent communicator and presenter able to gain audience confidence
- Ability to ask the right questions to build a deep understanding of a customers needs and guide them to a technical solution using Twilio Flex and industry partner platforms
- Familiarity with public cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure) and cloud application architectures
- Hands on experience with with backend development (Java, C#, Node.js, Python, PHP, etc)
- Experience with Twilio Flex and/or other Twilio platforms/API’s
- Experience leveraging storytelling to help paint a technical vision for the customer.
This role will be remote, and based in the USA (East Coast preferred).
Approximately 20%-35% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $129,600 - $162,000
Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.