See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Software Engineer
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking talented engineers in the Flex Business Unit. Twilio is growing fast and looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our globally distributed Flex R&D organization on our Flex Task Router team. Flex is Twilio’s flagship contact center solution and is a unique product that provides our customers with the building blocks they need to meet their needs. The Flex Task Router team develops and owns the logic of matching a task with an appropriate worker to create an actionable reservation. To support the rapid growth of Flex, we are expanding our team.
In this role, you’ll:
- Collaborate with other team members, including our Product team, to help influence, own, and improve our product offering
- Influence teams to continuously be improving while supporting progressive ways to solve problems; adopt new technologies and strategies where applicable.
- Drive quality by writing unit tests, functional tests, and performance tests in a continuous delivery environment. Always look for the next opportunity for Twilio to improve our quality, reliability and security to continuously earn our customers trust.
- Support production operations, building, releasing and assisting with team on-call. Teams will be small and empowered so that you can move fast and ship to production multiple times in a 2 week sprint
- Evaluate opportunities, risk and technical strategies and provide key findings to internal partners.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5+ years experience in designing and building and operating high-scale, mission critical cloud based production systems.
- Knowledge of architectural patterns and archetypes for building mature services, especially for distributed and multi-regional systems.
- Advanced level Java skills with familiarity with best coding standards and proven record of high quality coding skills.
- Exposure to high level service design -- modeling interfaces and internals in a modular, composable, and extensible ways.
- Good working knowledge with cloud service providers and highly distributed systems.
- Extensive experience with REST API design and implementation
- Understanding and hands on experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Ability to work on-call rotation weekend and holiday hours
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence and build effective working relationships with all levels engineers.
This role will be remote and based in the USA. No travel is required.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $132,320.00 - $165,400.00.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.