See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Growth Account Executive (China Export)!
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Growth Account Executive (AE) to play a key role in further growing the business. As our new Growth AE you will be responsible for prospecting, solution selling, and closing our Growth accounts (1-100 employees) including some of the most successful startups! This position reports to a Manager - Growth Sales, Rest of Asia
In this role, you’ll:
- Be responsible for new customer acquisition and driving new revenue for a specific territory while being assigned a quota for net new ARR and maintaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction
- Work with customers across all verticals to understand their business and technical requirements
- Understand the capabilities of Twilio’s communications API platform so that together you can craft a solution for their specific use case needs
- Work diligently with cross-functional teams in Accounting, Finance, Legal, Pricing, and Operations to design mutually beneficial contracts to address customer requirements and balance the needs of our business
- Have the ability to balance competing priorities and manage multiple project/deals at the same time. As an added bonus, you’ve previously sold cloud or B2B enterprise software.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 2+ years of demonstrated success in being responsible for your own book of business and directly selling a product or service in a technical SaaS/Telco space
- An understanding (or interest to understand) of the cloud computing/communications business model. You are passionate about the prospect of selling to a technical audience and have a passion for a solution and value driven approach to selling.
- You are able to easily lead complex contractual, technical, and financial details sound simple. You are technically savvy and experience with the cloud, APIs, communications, enterprise software, devices, and mobility is a plus.
- Native or business level fluency in Mandarin is required.
- Experience outbound prospecting into install base, greenfield prospecting into new accounts, and executing strong QBR strategy for territory penetration within Asia.
This role will be based in our Singapore or Hong Kong office.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa / travel restrictions in effect, we may only be extending offers to individuals who (a) are currently physically resident in Singapore, (b) have a legal right to work in Singapore, or (c) candidates who can start in this location by the expected hire date. We're keeping the situation under review and will adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on. Additionally, Twilio will require evidence of vaccination, medical ineligibility for vaccination or recovery from Covid-19 within the past 180 days, for employees going into the office as employees will not be able to access our offices from 15 January 2022 (unless such employee will complete the vaccination by 31 January 2022) without vaccination. In accordance with applicable law, we may also collect evidence of vaccination as a condition of employment for employees who require work passes as of 1 February 2022.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.