See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Cloud Information Security Architect, Asia Pacific & Japan
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
The Cloud Information Security Architect is a pre-sales position within Solutions Engineering, which plays a major role in Twilio’s sales organization and is essential to deal success. The Twilio product suite is built for developers who are on a mission to build innovative communication products and technology. SE’s help customers achieve success by leading the technical and product sale, recommending best-practice solutions, and guiding them on how to use Twilio’s APIs.
Twilio customers often share common use cases, but rarely share the same implementation requirements. Each company is unique when it comes to process, technology stacks, and skill. The Twilio Solutions Engineer owns the technical sales process to help demonstrate the best way to use Twilio products to achieve (and often exceed) their goals.
The Cloud Information Security Architect works alongside Solutions Engineers particularly to anticipate and resolve any information security concerns that our customers may have during the sales cycle, liaising with key stakeholders within the customer’s organization and Twilio in order to establish confidence in the Twilio solution for specific customers’ enterprises.
The Twilio Cloud Information Security Architect is responsible for preempting and overcoming any information security challenges that may present themselves during the sales cycle, particularly in complex enterprise environments.
The Twilio Cloud Information Security Architect is both highly technical and a skilled relationship builder, comfortable engaging with all layers from developers to C-suite executives. They build customer trust in Twilio solutions, which results in customer success in the post-sale.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with Twilio account teams to liaise with Chief Information Security Officers and their organizations to establish credibility for Twilio as providing world class information security, winning over any concerns they might have within the context of their company’s regulatory, political and IT landscape.
- Interfacing with Twilio’s Chief Security Officer organization, including the Field Security Engineering team, to adapt content to APJ needs, and influence product and documentation roadmap from a security perspective. This may include driving resolution of additional actions and deliverables as required.
- Supporting and enabling the Go To Market team on how information security concerns can impact, and benefit, their sales opportunities – especially Solutions Engineers.
- Acting as a thought leader in the industry across APJ to highlight Twilio’s strong position in information security
In a nutshell, the Cloud Information Security Architect puts Twilio on the front foot in information security.
In this role, you’ll embody Twilio Magic:
- DRAW THE OWL: Working with multiple teams and resources across Twilio to showing customers how Twilio’s information security profile can benefit them
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER SHOES: Build and present Twilio assets that showcase a deep understanding of our customer’s business and the information security problems they’re trying to tackle
- DON’T SETTLE: Keep asking probing questions and never stop learning new products and new technologies
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Work alongside Twilio Account Executives and Solutions Engineers through the pre-sales process to strategize and plan for deal success
- BE BOLD: Don’t be afraid to take that big idea and run with it
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply.
If your career hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Excellent communicator and presenter able to gain executive confidence
- 5+ years experience in the information security domain, including defining and/or advising on organizations’ information security requirements at the executive level
- Deep understanding of industry best practices to protect customer data
- Experience implementing Zero Trust and Defense-in-Depth security models
- 10+ years experience operating with complex IT operations/projects
- Hands-on, high-energy, passionate and creative problem solver with know how to get things done and ability to lead others to success
- Ability to build a deep understanding of an customer’s communications needs and guide them to a technical solution
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure) and cloud application architecture and how these platforms align to enterprise information security requirements
- Understanding of software development concepts and modern developer experience, including APIs and SDKs.
- Information security industry accreditations, e.g. CISM, CISSP
- Language skills in Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Thai or Indonesian would be highly desirable.
- Previous experience in Telecom, SIP, Contact Center, and Security is a plus.
- Previous software development experience in any of the following areas:
- backend (Java, C#, Node.js, Python, PHP)
- Experience building with REST APIs
- DevOps (CI/CD)
- Built Apps based on Twilio APIs, a big plus
This role will be based in our Singapore or Australian offices.
As the role covers Asia Pacific and Japan, there is the likelihood of significant regional travel in the future.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.