See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Senior Software Engineer.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
As a Software Engineer on the Twilio Engage Platform Observability team, you’ll help us design and build new cutting edge systems for tracing data as it flows through the Twilio Engage platform, starting from our Tracking APIs, through audience generation, and finally as that data is synced to third party destinations.
Twilio Engage is the world’s first growth platform powered by customer data. Imagine a platform that takes in hundreds of thousands of messages entering Twilio Segment’s pipelines every second, add in an identity graph, overlay high-speed databases and realtime and batch computation engines — and you have the Twilio Engage platform. This platform unlocks our ability to build key business growth features like audience management, real-time personalization, and data-driven marketing campaigns.
We iterate quickly on these products and features and learn new things daily — all while writing quality code. We work closely with product and design and solve some of the toughest engineering problems to unlock new possibilities for our customers. If you get excited by building products with high customer impact — this is the place for you.
In this role, you’ll:
- Work on a new, cutting edge tracing technology for complex pipelines.
- Build a distributed, scalable platform for collecting and storing events from all phases of the Segment product.
- Brainstorm and build new tools to drive reliability and builder-ready platformization across the Twilio Engage Platform organization.
- Assist in crafting the vision for platform and customer observability of the Twilio Engage Platform.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 4+ years of experience writing production-grade code in a modern programming language
- Strong theoretical fundamentals and hands-on experience working with data and streaming technologies
- Highly effective collaborator who works well with teammates and product partners to deliver completed work on time
- Well-versed in concurrent programming
- Solid grasp of Linux systems and networking concepts
- Experience maintaining and operating always-on cloud services
- Comfortable asking questions and taking initiative to solve problems in a rapidly growing company, where it is often necessary to “draw the owl”
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with Apache Flink, Spark, or other distributed compute frameworks.
- Familiarity with open source data streaming technologies
- Experience with Golang
- Experience with AWS infrastructure
(Location dependent information)
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $140,080.00 - $192,610.00.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
This role will be remote and based in the USA.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.