See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Product Designer for the Billing Platform team.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to improve the billing experience for our diverse set of customers, ranging in size from small to enterprise companies operating in multiple geographical locations around the world.
In this role, you will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams across the company to discover, define, and design experiences that enable our customers to manage their billing experiences for impacted users, brands, and organizations.
The ideal candidate will be an advocate for our customer-informed process, a champion and active contributor to our inclusive-by-default Design System, a partner to our UX team members in upholding our principles and standards, and a UX leader who takes a holistic, human-centered approach to design.
In this role, you’ll:
- Advance the user experience for billing experiences including the Twilio Console experience and internal systems.
- Engage with our internal and external customers to understand their needs, and design products and workflows to unlock their potential.
- Define, design, review, test and specify interfaces, components, systems, frameworks and tools for developer & social impact experiences. Articulate the customer problem and success metrics, and gain alignment with stakeholders on your approach to testing, learning, and iterating on a solution.
- Navigate ambiguity through a scientific mindset - stating hypotheses, testing, learning and adapting.
- Collaborate with other Product Designers in elevating our standards. Participate in Design Critiques to ensure consistency across Twilio products. Advocate for more efficient processes and higher standards across the UX organization.
- Remain open, transparent, and inclusive while sharing work at various stages of the process, proactively inviting diverse (and potentially contrary) inputs in your design process, and remaining humble while asking for and providing useful and constructive feedback to peers of all levels.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Has a proven user-centered design workflow that comprises: design, prototyping, presentation, sharing and soliciting feedback, influencing key decision-makers, and collaborative handoffs with developers.
- Can share a portfolio with clean, usable, straightforward, and lovable designs that demonstrates technical product thinking and an understanding of user-centered design methodologies.
- Has a demonstrated advocacy for design and research methodologies, and has experience running quantitative and qualitative research, such as usability testing, analysis, interviews, and field studies.
- Holds a passion for feedback and the ability to provide useful and constructive feedback to peers of all levels.
- Experience designing and evolving web-based services and/or application software in a fast-past environment.
- 4+ years of industry experience and a related degree or equivalent experience in software interface design and/or development.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in the field of Human Computer Interaction is a nice to have.
- Past experience working in the domain of “Order to Cash” billing flows is a big plus.
This role will be based in our Dublin, Ireland office.
Approximately 0-5% travel might be needed.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.