See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Software Engineer, L3
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position helps our partners to integrate with the Flex ecosystem and extend the value Flex offers today. You will work closely with the engineering team, test engineers as well as stakeholders to help deliver new features and maintain high quality and stability of existing products.
In this role, you’ll:
- Write maintainable and scalable code in Java
- Work closely with the engineering team on delivering features, addressing technical debt and contributing to various tooling in an Agile environment
- Work with the team lead and architects on the complex projects and help influence the architectural decisions
- Collaborate with various partners from Twilio’s R&D teams
- Help troubleshooting and resolve issues and production escalations
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 4+ years of experience with building, maintaining and scaling backend services in Java
- Solid knowledge of microservice architectures in a cloud based setting (AWS, GCP)
- Fundamental understanding and experience with asynchronous architectures, their benefits and challenges including various broker implementations (Kafka, SQS, MQ)
- Hands-on experience of designing, implementing and supporting REST APIs with compliance to high SLOs
- Champion of good engineering practices, including focusing on security and balancing priorities while working in an Agile environment
- Strong communication skills: in person, on paper, or in code. You can explain technical concepts to product managers, other engineers, and support team
- Experience with developing and designing automated tests for different protocols and technologies such as REST, AWS Messaging (SNS, SQS, MSK), Kafka and similar
- Experience with AWS, containers and virtualization tools
- Excellent ability to prioritize technical debt and feature delivery
- Champion of good engineering habits: development techniques, security, technical debt balance
This role will be based in our Tallinn, Estonia office
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.