See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next IT Support Specialist I
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This team is responsible for creating, implementing, and supporting the technology and systems our employees use daily. This person will be responsible for helping our employees to overcome any technical challenges they may experience, from troubleshooting common computer issues to upgrading and managing systems. Twilio employees are presented with amazing challenges that we are solving as we achieve our mission to fuel the future of communications, and the IT Services team is no exception. If you like to support IT projects from start to finish using big technologies at large scale, this is your opportunity.
In this role, you’ll:
- Support employees’ needs and provide world-class service with empathy, patience, good listening skills, and excellent communication skills
- Support user access to IT systems, including user onboarding and offboarding processes as well as training staff on new software, systems and best practices
- Perform ticket system triage and basic hardware, A/V, and user access troubleshooting in order to recognize, isolate, diagnose and resolve information systems problems and issues
- Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user while communicating progress in a timely manner
- Assist in creating and maintaining documentation on IT Services policies, procedures and user support in addition to assisting with hardware/software inventory management and asset tracking
- Assist with deploying IT solutions such a new software, security updates, and patches that will scale with our product adoption, employee count, and physical footprint
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- BS degree in Computer Science, IT, related engineering discipline or equivalent years of experience
- 0-2 years experience supporting business technologies with a basic understanding of computer software and hardware
- Passionate about technology and customer service
- Strong organizational, time management, and communication skills
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to think on your feet and problem solve
This role will be based in our San Francisco, CA office.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.